The 2017 Philadelphia Eagles are the Super Bowl Champions

Phire

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wait that's a thing in Cali?

Don't think it is over here.

Think everyone has it under federal law. Only applies to employers with a certain number of employees if I recall. Typically states are free to have their own laws that afford more protections to people, but they can't have laws that go below the federal minimum. So it's entirely possible California has their own laws for that.

Just now, Phire said:

Think everyone has it under federal law. Only applies to employers with a certain number of employees if I recall. Typically states are free to have their own laws that afford more protections to people, but they can't have laws that go below the federal minimum. So it's entirely possible California has their own laws for that.

https://www.growingfamilybenefits.com/pennsylvania-state-maternity-leave-laws/

Paternity Leave

Pennsylvania fathers enjoy paternity leave rights under the federal FMLA. The other regulations cited in this article do not apply to men as frequently.

Fathers are eligible for 12 weeks of unpaid job-protected paternity leave.

• Care of his sick wife suffering complications
  • Bonding with newborn baby
  • Adoption of a child
  • Placement of a foster child into the home

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

https://www.growingfamilybenefits.com/pennsylvania-state-maternity-leave-laws/

Paternity Leave

Pennsylvania fathers enjoy paternity leave rights under the federal FMLA. The other regulations cited in this article do not apply to men as frequently.

Fathers are eligible for 12 weeks of unpaid job-protected paternity leave.

• Care of his sick wife suffering complications
  • Bonding with newborn baby
  • Adoption of a child
  • Placement of a foster child into the home

Yeah that's the federal law. Everyone* has 12 weeks unpaid. California, and maaaaybe one or two states have recently started offering a few weeks of paid or partial-paid time off, but everyone at least has the 12 weeks of unpaid.

*Not everyone because FMLA applies to employers with a certain threshold of employees.

6 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I got 2 weeks with both my kids but #2 was born 2 weeks before Winter Break, so i was off from work for a full month

That’s worthy of being a permanent favorite in my book,

I’d also take a kid born at the end of June for a nice lengthy break in the worst part of the year...though I’d be setting myself up for being annoyed every birthday party

32 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I will never have kids because they are gross and spread disease. 

I’m putting it off a year more every time I see a kid being a complete idiot in public 

Won’t be til my 50s at this point 

Just now, Kiltman said:

I’m putting it off a year more every time I see a kid being a complete idiot in public 

Won’t be til my 50s at this point 

whenever you think it's a good idea go to any store wait until you hear one of those vile things screech and then decide against it again. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

whenever you think it's a good idea go to any store wait until you hear one of those vile things screech and then decide against it again. 

There was a family at the movies the other night with two boys like 5-6...just sprinting around people. Demanding candy. Then they had a toddler too old to be screeching the way it was.

I think I would’ve just asked for a refund if they were seeing the same movie as me. 

Sounds miserable 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

There was a family at the movies the other night with two boys like 5-6...just sprinting around people. Demanding candy. Then they had a toddler too old to be screeching the way it was.

I think I would’ve just asked for a refund if they were seeing the same movie as me. 

Sounds miserable 

their kids were allowed to go harass other people to try and get candy from them?

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

their kids were allowed to go harass other people to try and get candy from them?

The parents were checking out at concessions, the kids would run up and yell candy at like not quite their parents or cashier but kinda both...just a declarative yell...and then run away. Zoom in and out between other people then do it again.

of course they caved and bought them not only candy, but the kid packs. Terrible parents. 

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

The parents were checking out at concessions, the kids would run up and yell candy at like not quite their parents or cashier but kinda both...just a declarative yell...and then run away. Zoom in and out between other people then do it again.

of course they caved and bought them not only candy, but the kid packs. Terrible parents. 

Should’ve tripped the kids. Parents wouldn’t second guess that the kids tripped over their own feet.