Foles vs. Wentz - what will the Eagles do??

KC_Guy

if i'm GM, i trade wentz for 2 1st rounder(this year and next year) and 2nd and 3rd.  to browns.

they can win with foles.  they won with foles.  

i don't believe wentz is a transcendent talent.  good enough to be top 5-7 QB, but will never be brady or manning.

that's just me!

48 minutes ago, Super4 said:

I feel like "keep it classy" or "that's unclassy" is the new flavor of the month term of the hyper-sensitive members on this forum.

That being said, maybe I should have specified.  I don't want him being remotely productive, as an opposing NFC East QB.  And I did say I hope he has great quality of life and the injury only holds him back as an NFL athlete.  I'm not happy he's hurt, but I'm certainly not going to deny that him being hurt helps my team and I'm not upset about it.

So rather than getting good, you'd rather that someone's career gets ruined by injuries? 

18 minutes ago, Wolverine_Joe said:

if i'm GM, i trade wentz for 2 1st rounder(this year and next year) and 2nd and 3rd.  to browns.

they can win with foles.  they won with foles.  

i don't believe wentz is a transcendent talent.  good enough to be top 5-7 QB, but will never be brady or manning.

that's just me!

And you'd still be laughed at.

#1, #4, a couple 2nd rounders, and their first next year, would be the minimum required offer for Howie to pick up that phone. Even then, I'd decline it without hesitation.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

So rather than getting good, you'd rather that someone's career gets ruined by injuries? 

I'm not exactly a fan of making my job harder if I don't have to, so yes I'd prefer the easier road.  Beat them at full strength?  Awesome.  Beat them when they're broken and hurt?  All the same.

4 minutes ago, Super4 said:

I'm not exactly a fan of making my job harder if I don't have to, so yes I'd prefer the easier road.  Beat them at full strength?  Awesome.  Beat them when they're broken and hurt?  All the same.

Never want to hear anything about "Eagles fans cheered when Michael Irvin got hurt" ever again.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Never want to hear anything about "Eagles fans cheered when Michael Irvin got hurt" ever again.

That's not even the same thing.  I never said I cheered nor that I was happy the Wentz got hurt, I just wasn't upset about it from a competition perspective.  Eagles fans literally stood up in reverance and applauded Michael's broken neck, which could have killed him or ruined quality of life in paralysis.  You want to talk about classless?

Just now, Super4 said:

That's not even the same thing.  I never said I cheered nor that I was happy the Wentz got hurt, I just wasn't upset about it from a competition perspective.  Eagles fans literally stood up in reverance and applauded Michael's broken neck, which could have killed him or ruined quality of life in paralysis.  You want to talk about classless?  Kiss my *** hypocrit.

No but you pretty clearly said you wanted Wentz to get hurt and not play anymore. Maybe you wouldn't cheer out loud, but if that's what you're hoping for you may as well. Remind me how old I was when that happened? 7? Didn't even watch football back then, so for you to lump me in with those who did is off base. You're the one who's the hypocrite here.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

No but you pretty clearly said you wanted Wentz to get hurt and not play anymore. Maybe you wouldn't cheer out loud, but if that's what you're hoping for you may as well. Remind me how old I was when that happened? 7? Didn't even watch football back then, so for you to lump me in with those who did is off base. You're the one who's the hypocrite here.

I didn't lump you into anything, and I don't even know you so I wouldn't presume to know how old you were when it happened. You're assuming that I'm internally celebrating his injury which is false and you're not going to spin this around to suit your agenda because you're bitter that he went down.  Again, I didn't cheer or celebrate, but I'd be lying if I said I was upset like an Eagle fan that it happened.

Eagles fans at the stadium roared with celebration when Michael broke his neck.  This is not even remotely the same thing.

Independent of emotion and fan reaction (which is how the front office should actually evaluate things), the right move is to accept any offer that includes a 2nd round pick or better. That's the starting point of any negotiation. 

21 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Independent of emotion and fan reaction (which is how the front office should actually evaluate things), the right move is to accept any offer that includes a 2nd round pick or better. That's the starting point of any negotiation. 

History of trades in the league, what he's done, and the Eagles not needing to move him..I say mid 1st value is the starting point minimum

We got a 1st and a 3rd/4th conditional for Sam Bradford...essentially garbage. I see no way we don't get that value for nick if he's moved.

Bills, Jags and Cardinals would be the teams in the mix I suspect...hell even the Vikings if the hire Flip from us, he could want Nick over any of those QBs that are halfway out the door.
All of them are gonna have to move up for a QB or get in an all out bidding war for Kirk. Whoever misses out will be calling.

Archived