Foles vs. Wentz - what will the Eagles do??

KC_Guy

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

not enough sample size for Foles. He would get maybe a 6th in a trade. 

I'd be SHOCKED if they got that poor of value. I mean, Matt Flynn signed a relatively big contract based off of 6 quarters of garbage time football.

Joe Flacco rode playoff success to the biggest payday in NFL history (at the time).

We're talking about a 29 year old with playoff AND Super Bowl DOMINANCE in a fantastic 3 game stretch against elite competition, including clutch time performances. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'd be SHOCKED if they got that poor of value. I mean, Matt Flynn signed a relatively big contract based off of 6 quarters of garbage time football.

Joe Flacco rode playoff success to the biggest payday in NFL history (at the time).

We're talking about a 29 year old with playoff AND Super Bowl DOMINANCE in a fantastic 3 game stretch against elite competition, including clutch time performances. 

and a full year of 27 td 2 int and a pro bowl berth

It's all contingent on whether Wentz is fully recovered for training camp in less than 7 months.  I don't think that will be known until sometime June/July, so that limits how many teams will still be in the market for a QB.  My gut feeling is that Foles will be the starter for the first few weeks and then they'll transition back over to Wentz.  So if a trade is to happen, it'll happen during the season. Otherwise, he'll sign with another team that following offseason (cuz he's not getting Tag'd) and Philly will get a comp pick for 2019.  Ultimately, Philly will get a premium pick for Foles, it's just about what pick and when. My guess is a 3rd rd. comp pick in 2019.  If I was a Philly fan, I would want him to stay on the roster for 2018.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Eagles aren't getting a 2nd for Nick Foles...

You would be surprised what someone will do when they're desperate. And given Foles playoff game tape, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a desperate team gave it up. They got a 1st for Bradford so I wouldn't rule anything out.

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

They got a 1st for Sam Bradford...

Go compare the season Sam Bradford came off of and compare it to the what 3 game stretch that Foles had in the playoffs, and tell me you still believe that Foles is going to fetch a 2nd.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You would be surprised what someone will do when they're desperate. And given Foles playoff game tape, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a desperate team gave it up. They got a 1st for Bradford so I wouldn't rule anything out.

Except we've got a TON of video on Foles, and NOTHING indicates that what he did in the playoffs is remotely sustainable.  Nothing.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Go compare the season Sam Bradford came off of and compare it to the what 3 game stretch that Foles had in the playoffs, and tell me you still believe that Foles is going to fetch a 2nd.

Nick Foles won a Super Bowl and had one of the best statistical playoff runs in recent NFL history. He outplayed Tom Brady for most of the game. He's also relatively young and cheap. If unproven guys can be traded for 2nd rounders, I see no reason Foles can't.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Except we've got a TON of video on Foles, and NOTHING indicates that what he did in the playoffs is remotely sustainable.  Nothing.

Except that a lot of the "Video" you claimed to have seen from Foles is with him under Jeff Fisher. Look at Jared Goff, Look at Case Keenum. All three of these guys are playing betters since getting away from that bum. You may as well throw out his tape with the Rams.

Archived