Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Cincy might just be f’d. They should take a flier on DeMarco Murray lol

Admittedly, I like Gio's game more than most I think, but for two weeks, they should be fine. I like him as a runner, and obviously he's good out of the backfield. is he a full time back on a full season basis? Probably not. But for two weeks he could easily handle an increased workload; he's done it before. He's handled games with mid teens type carries and had a few 20+ games. I think they should be fine. But again, I'm an unabashed Gio fan. 

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Goodwin out. Is Pettis a good pickup and FLEX?

Pick 2 out of Pettis, Yeldon, Gore in half PPR.

Tough one between Pettis and Yeldon imo. 

Pettis has upside. He seems to be a guy that we like to send deep down the field. Yeldon is probably the safer play, especially in .5 ppr

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Goodwin out. Is Pettis a good pickup and FLEX?

Pick 2 out of Pettis, Yeldon, Gore in half PPR.

Tough to say right now because Fournette is going to be a game time decision. If he's out, Yeldon is a no brainer. If Fournette is playing, I'd probably try to stream someone other than Yeldon or Gore. 

I do like Pettis > Gore though, so he should be in the line up in this particular circumstance regardless. 

Do I start Mahomes or Garappolo?

Looking for a flex out of G. Allison, Enunwa, Corey Davis, or Pettis no PPR.

And lastly, is it worth picking up Crowder or Fuller to drop Barber or Carson? RIght now at RB I have Drake and Coleman as my starters, J. Williams and Fornette this one half ppr.

8 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

PPR League who do you add?

1. Mike Williams WR
2. Doug Baldwin WR
3. Chis Godwin WR
4. Austin Ekeler RB
5. Desean Jackson WR 

This is for bench depth. 

Right now, assuming it's only a four week injury, I think it's Baldwin still. 

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is Alfred Blue even worth rostering for the Lamar Miller owners? 

Not for me, but it depends on your roster truthfully. I don't think blue is that great of a talent, and the line in Houston isn't great. Unless you are absolutely brutal at running back where your replacement can't match that production, but I'd like to think everyone has three running backs that  are around that level.

Unless you're in a sixteen man league. In which case I think handcuffs to even rb2s can be important

9 hours ago, beats2rock said:

Do I start Mahomes or Garappolo?

Looking for a flex out of G. Allison, Enunwa, Corey Davis, or Pettis no PPR.

And lastly, is it worth picking up Crowder or Fuller to drop Barber or Carson? RIght now at RB I have Drake and Coleman as my starters, J. Williams and Fornette this one half ppr.

I think Garoppolo is a must play this week. Niners offense is gonna roll imo. They were close to dropping 30 on the vikes if not for a dropped pass and a fumble at the 1 yard line. 

I do think the cheifs are going to light up Pittsburgh. That has been one matchup they have struggled with though. Pittsburgh knocked them out of the playoffs two years ago and ended their unbeaten streak last season. Both in low scoring games. Pittsburgh has been one of those tough matchups for that team seems like. Both of those games were with Alex Smith though. As a Kareem hunt owner I am hoping Pittsburgh respects the deep ball and the cheifs establish a run game, but Andy Reid loves to just air it out. 

One of those times you probably can't go wrong with either, but I'd go Garoppolo for sure. 

For your flex I'd go with either enunwa or Pettis. Garoppolo Pettis stack could be dynamite this week. 

Not sure about Crowder but I avoid Seattle running backs at all costs, if you are gonna drop someone, keep Peyton barber. The bucs aired it out last week but barber is the unquestioned guy on a stacked offense. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Not for me, but it depends on your roster truthfully. I don't think blue is that great of a talent, and the line in Houston isn't great. Unless you are absolutely brutal at running back where your replacement can't match that production, but I'd like to think everyone has three running backs that  are around that level.

Unless you're in a sixteen man league. In which case I think handcuffs to even rb2s can be important

My current RB situation is brutal...I’m only rostering 3 RBs at the moment. 

Lamer Miller, Rex Burkhead, Chris Thompson 

So if Miller goes down, I’m pretty much screwed. Only thing that sucks is, I’d likely drop Keelan Cole for Blue. 

Anyone ever play in a guillotine league?  It's points only and every week the lowest scoring team gets removed from the league. With the team being removed, their entire roster gets released into waivers.  We all have a $200 for the season.

Antonio Brown, Gronk, and Lev Bell are all waivers this week, how much would you bid on each?

On 9/14/2018 at 2:35 PM, Forge said:

Admittedly, I like Gio's game more than most I think, but for two weeks, they should be fine. I like him as a runner, and obviously he's good out of the backfield. is he a full time back on a full season basis? Probably not. But for two weeks he could easily handle an increased workload; he's done it before. He's handled games with mid teens type carries and had a few 20+ games. I think they should be fine. But again, I'm an unabashed Gio fan. 

Two weeks is the best case scenario - Mixon had the exact same procedure Sony Michel just came back from and that kept him out pretty much the entire preseason and Week 1, so four weeks isn't entirely out of the question.  That said, Cincy did draft Mark Walton so they'll probably try to run with what they've got - and a WR like Tyler Boyd probably gets a bit of an uptick in projected performance over the span that Mixon is out.

Honestly, if my RB situation is solid, I'm giving serious consideration to offering up my RB3 (possibly my RB2 if I'm deep at the position or if my RB2 is underachieving to start the season... could be a way to dump David Johnson on someone...) for Mixon and stashing Mixon on my bench.  Because I (or most people in a position to do this) are probably in a better position to FLEX someone in Mixon's place for 3-4 weeks and then have darn near an RB1 as my RB2/3 rest of season.  Bye start next week, so unless the Mixon owner has an IR slot available in his league (if at all) he's in a tenuous position.

Archived