Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

What would you guys do with Zeke? I have a league that allows for 1 keeper. Its not round based, so you are really just keeping the best player. The problem is, I don't know if there's anyone else worth keeping over Zeke from a talent perspective, even with him missing 6 weeks. This is the team:

RB: Zeke, Melvin Gordon, Derrick Henry, Jeremy Hill

WR: Brandin Cooks, Desean Jackson, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins

TE: Jordan Reed, Cameron Brate

QB: Stafford and Rivers. 

Gordon is a guy that could make some sense, but injury concerns, plus a suspect offensive line really has me hesitant to take him. He's a guy that I think is going to be very overdrafted this year and I'm actually trying to avoid him in most leagues. Would you just keep Zeke and try and make sure to draft McFadden for the Cowboys to get me through the first 6, or would you keep someone else? 

Do you get to keep him next season too?

Keep Zeke.

Just now, TheMonarch1110 said:

Do you get to keep him next season too?

Keep Zeke.

The league is one that we have done for many years, but traditionally has been a full redraft league. This is the first time we have done a keeper. I would assume that we would do something similar next year, but there's no guarantee. 

Alright Key and SoS I wanted to get your thoughts on my team. First draft of the year  picking 7th, 10 man ppr league. I'am not to excited about my WR situation but I feel like WRs are easier to come by in FA.

QB Stafford

RB Zeke, Lynch, Mixon, Henry, Gore, J. Conner, A. Morris

WRs OBJ, Diggs, B marsh, Moncrief, Tyrell Williams, Doctson, Conley

TE Rudolph

K Tucker

D/ST Jax

Yo Keyser, what up..

Soo. how do you rank the Rookie RB's after the 1st 4, looks like ill have the 5th pick.

Not sure I want to take a WR like Davis, we can get usually decent starters for $1-$3 like Woods/Garcon/Anderson, etc, where as scrub RB's like Artis-Payne went for $8-$10

3 year max keeper dynasty, 12 team, 0.5pt ppr ,  start 3 rbs/3wr, $210 cap

My Keepers will be

David Johnson($17), Hilton ($39), M.Bryant($5), D.Jackson($14)

I have them like this

1. Fournette
  2. Cook
  3. Mixon
  4. McCaffrey
  5. Hunt
  6. Kamara
  7. Perine
  8. Mack
  9. Joe Williams
  10. Jamaal Williams
  11. Foreman
  12. Conner

ps, does Booker have any value as a $4 keeper ? Guess have to wait and see Charles Saturday.

59 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Yo Keyser, what up..

Soo. how do you rank the Rookie RB's after the 1st 4, looks like ill have the 5th pick.

Not sure I want to take a WR like Davis, we can get usually decent starters for $1-$3 like Woods/Garcon/Anderson, etc, where as scrub RB's like Artis-Payne went for $8-$10

3 year max keeper dynasty, 12 team, 0.5pt ppr ,  start 3 rbs/3wr, $210 cap

My Keepers will be

David Johnson($17), Hilton ($39), M.Bryant($5), D.Jackson($14)

I have them like this

1. Fournette
  2. Cook
  3. Mixon
  4. McCaffrey
  5. Hunt
  6. Kamara
  7. Perine
  8. Mack
  9. Joe Williams
  10. Jamaal Williams
  11. Foreman
  12. Conner

ps, does Booker have any value as a $4 keeper ? Guess have to wait and see Charles Saturday.

If it is not including the top 4 guys. Go Hunt. Ware struggles end of last season. Hunt can do it all and really seems like the type of RB Reid loves.

For standard scoring...

1) In what order would you rank Gordon, Murray, Howard, Freeman, Ajayi, Gordon, and Fournette?

2) In what order do you have the 4 rookie RB's ranked?

3) Thoughts on Carlos Hyde/Lamar Miller? 

23 hours ago, Anyone but Dallas said:

Howard or ajayi? Will Cohen's strong offseason and Howard's crappy hands be enough to drop Howard's stock?

It's been for me.  I also don't think that Howard necessarily negates Cohen's ability to see the field on downs where Howard is in.  They've still got Langford as a spell for the 1st and 2nd down stuff to Howard, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Cohen trotted out in the slot on occasion.  The Bears did just acquire Allen Hurns, but that also kind of tells you how they feel about those vets/journeymen they signed in free agency who are in that smaller/slot WR build (Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Victor Cruz, etc.).

2 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Considering it looks like DeAngelo Henderson may have beaten him out for his spot, probably not.

Honestly, I feel like the 2018 starting RB for the Broncos isn't on their roster right now, so that tell you how I feel about their backs.  Ironically, I'd still ride with CJ Anderson as a FLEX for the right value, but that's largely just based off anticipated touches due to the contract they gave him convincing me that it's going to take an injury to unseat him from the starter's spot.

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think in a dynasty, passing on Fournette is a bad idea.  I have done three dynasty drafts this year with the 4th pick and got Cook in all of them.  I think the smart move is taking the best player in Fournette and then taking whats left of Cook/Mixon/McCaffery at 4.  I am guessing it will be Mixon or Cook left at 4.  You can't play just for the start of this year in a dynasty league and have to get the talent that will last you over a few seasons or more.

You are probably right, if Zeke can get it together Zeke, Fournette, Mixon/Cook, Coleman should prove to be quite the stable.

Dynasty  WR Depth question

Is this enough WR depth with Kelce, Clay & Derby manning TE?

Depth Chart

Acquired during 2016 season and 2017 offseason

1. Dez Bryant traded 1.8 to get him

2. Demarriyus Thomas traded 3.8 to get him

3. Jeremy Maclin traded 15 FAAB coins to get him

4. Cameron Meredith FA sign

5. Marvin Jones Jr. Traded 3.7 to get him

6. Marquis Lee FA Sign

I can keep four players, with no loss of draft picks. League starts 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX and has 0.5 ppr. Which four do you keep?

QB: Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Dak Prescott

RB: Mike Gillislee, Thomas Rawls, Melvin Gordon, Jerick McKinnon, Tim Hightower

WR: Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Michael Crabtree, Demaryius Thomas, Travis Benjamin,

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Maretllus Bennett, Kyle Rudolph

I'm leaning towards Prescott, Gordon, M Thomas, then Rivers/Roethlisberger and hopefully trade the other one. I'd like to keep Gronk (had him since 2011). But the guy just can't stay healthy. I appreciate any input!

Archived