2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes you do, Alshon counted in the formula for the Bears.

He was cancelled out, but he counted.

How sure are you?

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Alshon was listed below on overthecap but the Bears signed so many FA's if wouldn't have mattered either way, so can't be quite sure how the NFL viewed it. 

4 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

YEs, I realize overthecap has that.  But they aren't the NFL.   They also said we were going to get a 3rd, 4th, two 5ths. 

Sure, but they were almost 100% for qualifiers. The only guy they missed they was cancelled and they thought wasn't was Wagner. I don't care what picks they are projecting, the guys they have as qualifying guys are right.

Where have you seen that these 1 year guys don't count?

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sure, but they were almost 100% for qualifiers. The only guy they missed they was cancelled and they thought wasn't was Wagner. I don't care what picks they are projecting, the guys they have as qualifying guys are right.

Where have you seen that these 1 year guys don't count?

I also thought one year deals do not count as lost FAs. I think I read something about the Pats being geniuses when they lost Revis because his contract had a team option for a second year and was therefore technically not a one year contract and that was the reason they got a third for him. I can't find the article now though, I'll keep searching.

4 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I also thought one year deals do not count as lost FAs. I think I read something about the Pats being geniuses when they lost Revis because his contract had a team option for a second year and was therefore technically not a one year contract and that was the reason they got a third for him. I can't find the article now though, I'll keep searching.

Same things I was thinking of

10 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Morris Claiborne?  Haven't heard him mentioned at all but he wouldn't break the bank and is a pretty good CB.  I realize there is some injury history but nothing significant.  He's young and available.

he's mentioned along with Breaux and EJ Gaines as the top guys we want

49 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Sorry when did this happen? I can't see anything 

Went to look it up for you and now I feel guilty because there's no mention of it. I swear I saw a blurb that he was returning to Philly and that's what stemmed all the Darby trade talks. Guess I was wrong here. Sorry bud.

Just now, Nick_gb said:
50 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Sorry when did this happen? I can't see anything 

Went to look it up for you and now I feel guilty because there's no mention of it. I swear I saw a blurb that he was returning to Philly and that's what stemmed all the Darby trade talks. Guess I was wrong here. Sorry bud.

No worries, I just couldn't see it either, just that Bradham was re-signed. Glad he's still out there. No mention of us talking with his agent, but he is the top nickel guy out there

Archived