2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

7 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Dude is 6'3 with 4.45 speed he can play outside, Matthews was miscast in the slot IMO,  he would be a cheaper version on Moncrief, IMO

Hmmm. We have a guy just like that on his way out of GB to a team that will actually give him a chance.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I still don't think this offseason is all that different from other offseasons for us.  Only difference is we started sooner.  We've signed a veteran tight end the past two years, and Wilkerson was a pre-free agency tampering free agent who we signed to a one year deal.  We didn't land any of the top top players.  It's not like we went out and signed Johnson or something. 

So far the only difference has been Gute's willingness to get RID of players, not add them. 

THATS BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY. It's all tied up in guys, many of whom aren't worth it but we have no viable alternatives. If Gute had $60 million, Robinson and Johnson would be Packers right now, along with Graham and Wilkerson. 

5 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Hmmm. We have a guy just like that on his way out of GB to a team that will actually give him a chance.

Yeah, I think Janis should get a couple jump balls thrown his way every game if he gets 1v1, if nothing else to force the D to take 2 defenders deep when he's in.  I think Janis is this Gens Bill Schroeder and could succeed with a Favre type slinger, but ARod doghouses you if you make a mental error, and Janis appears to do a lot of that.

20 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Dude is 6'3 with 4.45 speed he can play outside, Matthews was miscast in the slot IMO,  he would be a cheaper version on Moncrief, IMO

I completely agree. I remember liking him when he first entered the NFL. I thought he was going to be the Eagles outside receiver but for whatever reason they forced him into the slot and then screwed him over again by trading him to the Bills.

If we're looking for an affordable, young no.2 WR then he would be absolutely an ideal candidate. His production in the first two years of his career is nothing scoff at. A team friendly Hayward type deal would be ideal.

18 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Don't worry at 4pm you'll get a million tweets about stuff we already know

My favorite are the LeCharles Bentley's of the group. The one's pretty much set in stone with another team, then 4pm hits...and they sign with a rogue team. I think that year he was definitely an Eagle, then 4pm hits....he's a Brown.

13 minutes ago, Chili said:

I completely agree. I remember liking him when he first entered the NFL. I thought he was going to be the Eagles outside receiver but for whatever reason they forced him into the slot and then screwed him over again by trading him to the Bills.

If we're looking for an affordable, young no.2 WR then he would be absolutely an ideal candidate. His production in the first two years of his career is nothing scoff at. A team friendly Hayward type deal would be ideal.

Matthews plays like a 4.6 guy who is a slot only player.  I haven't ever seen that outside receiver.  He has no deep ability and no real contested catch ability

Just now, Csraverage said:

My favorite are the LeCharles Bentley's of the group. The one's pretty much set in stone with another team, then 4pm hits...and they sign with a rogue team. I think that year he was definitely an Eagle, then 4pm hits....he's a Brown.

That won't happen.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Matthews plays like a 4.6 guy who is a slot only player.  I haven't ever seen that outside receiver.  He has no deep ability and no real contested catch ability

didn't he have a 36 vert and 6'3?, They had Maclin and Cooper Outside, but JM got all the throws....

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jordan&l=Matthews&i=20993

6 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

didn't he have a 36 vert and 6'3?, They had Maclin and Cooper Outside, but JM got all the throws....

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Jordan&l=Matthews&i=20993

Yeah, he just never seemed to figure it out.  he has the frame but plays really small.  He's like a poor man's decker.  Reminds me of that old buffalo WR who was 6-5 and only played the slot

Archived