2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, vegas492 said:

Rodgers can cause a career spike, no issues there!

We don't NEED another 1000 yard guy at WR. 

All we need is a player that can stretch the field AND is capable of being a 700+ yard WR. 

In terms of true UFAs... the only players I see available are Butler, Pryor and Wallace. (Would love to there to be more viable targets, but I don't see any available as UFAs). 

What sort of playing style does Jason McCourty have? is he a physical type or is he a stand-offish corner? does he thrive in man or is he strictly a zone corner?

I know nothing about him other than his name and his more successful twin brother.

Speaking of twin brothers....with Butler leaving the Patriots they might be looking for another corner and McCourty might welcome the chance to play on the same team as his bro. We might not even have a chance of getting him.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Interesting how you managed to paint Colvin in the near ideal situation, and Graham in the most unideal situation.  Let's look at this objectively.  Over the last two seasons, Colvin has started 9 games and played in 26 of a possible 32 games.  Over his four year career, he has ZERO interceptions.  There's literally nothing to indicate that he's an ascending player outside of his age.  Add on the fact that the Jaguars felt the need to sign AJ Buoye last offseason to be their boundary corner opposite of Jalen Ramsey, and their thoughts are pretty clear on Colvin.  They're not nearly as high as on him as you apparently are.  Let's contrast that to Jimmy Graham.  Jimmy Graham started in 28 games the last two seasons and played in all 32 games.  Jimmy Graham has shown a better ability to stay healthy.  In terms of production, over the last three seasons with Seattle he's averaged 57 receptions, 683 receiving yards, and 6 TD receptions.  The problem is that his numbers last year were well outside of his history, so unless you believe that is a sign of things to come you'd anticipate him bouncing back especially in the Packers' offense as opposed to the Seahawks.

We've seen what our offense can do with a talented TE, whether it be Jared Cook or Jermichael Finley.  I've got little doubt that Graham is going to be among the most productive TEs in the NFL next year.

Colvin was one of the best slot CBs in the NFL last year.  While no one ever claimed he was AJ Bouye, he still was a very important piece to the JAGS defense.  Unfortunately for them, he wasn't affordable due to their recent high price UFA signings.  I will fully admit that his INT total over the last 3 years is a little worrisome.  I'm not comparing him too his Jacksonville teammate but there was some skepticism last year when Bouye came out of nowhere at the age of 26.

As we've seen over Randall Cobb's career, just being on the field doesn't mean you are healthy.  While Graham played, he was far from a perfect bill of healthy.  He's a guy who's game revolves 100% around his athletic ability which we all know starts to leave players when they start getting into their 30's.  I'm not convinced his issues are solely on the shoulders of Russell Wilson/ the Seahawks offense and not a deteriorating athletic ability because of a bunch of injuries to his lower extremities. 

Two thoughts, first, what do you think it would take to sign Tyrann Mathieu, $9, $10 or $11m per year?  I agree he would be a difference maker in the DBfield.  Second, what about Jason McCourty?  The Browns released him today, any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Two thoughts, first, what do you think it would take to sign Tyrann Mathieu, $9, $10 or $11m per year?  I agree he would be a difference maker in the DBfield.  Second, what about Jason McCourty?  The Browns released him today, any thoughts?

Call me insane. But watch Tyrann get 13 per. 

6 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Matthieu should be in the 9-10.5 range, McCourty was just released with about 3.5 million this year.  HArd to ballpark, but I'd imagine not very much at all. 

No way on this. He was set to make MORE this season and refused to take a paycut.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

No way on this. He was set to make MORE this season and refused to take a paycut.

Anyone could have traded for his remaining contract which had 33 million left for 3 years.   I'd like to think Arizona would have taken a 5th or 6th rather than just releasing him.

I've just seen the Pipkins video. What a massive ego stroking video showing him looking "profound" and "committed" when in fact he's literally doing nothing at all in it. Oooh look at me I can do the ladder drill! see, I can slow down time whilst doing it! woop woop! xD

Archived