2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

11 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

He was.. still, I agree with @spilltray. I'd rather be playing some young bum bums than 46 year old Tramon Williams

Are we rebuilding? Did we trade the best QB in the league and  I missed it? I'm sorry but this is a totally the type of attitude a team that isn't looking to win takes.

No one wants Tramon to be the #1 CB. However if King or a #1 pick goes down, I sure as hell rather he comes off the bench than Lenzy Pipkins.

Not to mention you're talking about a vet min deal, in a CB room who's senior member is Quentin Rollins.

It's a no brainer.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Are we rebuilding? Did we trade the best QB in the league and  I missed it? I'm sorry but this is a totally the type of attitude a team that isn't looking to win takes.

No one wants Tramon to be the #1 CB. However if King or a #1 pick goes down, I sure as hell rather he comes off the bench than Lenzy Pipkins.

Not to mention you're talking about a vet min deal, in a CB room who's senior member is Quentin Rollins.

It's a no brainer.

I agree. The CB room needs some experience!

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

It is cold in Green Bay right now, he isn't golfing.  But the Fox River opened up and the walleyes are staging nicely.  He could very well be on a boat instead.  

Yeah, and I know he's not Irish, but working with Murphy and McCarthy, he probably has no choice with the corned beef and cabbage. Aweful stuff. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

HZ awakens! Good morning HZ! I hope you have a great day. I see the Raiders are looking at Melvin. I'm ready to join you on the ledge,

Has there ever been a player that played his first 5 seasons in the NFL on 5 differant teams that worked out and was worth a big UFA contract?  I know Melvin played well last year but the fact that hisw only avenue to stay in the NFL was to jump from team, to team, to team, to team so often scares me.  Might speak of a lack of consistency.

I'm not through the rest of the rest of the thread yet but Wiki has him listed as a Raider (not very reliable, I know this).

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Has there ever been a player that played his first 5 seasons in the NFL on 5 differant teams that worked out and was worth a big UFA contract?  I know Melvin played well last year but the fact that hisw only avenue to stay in the NFL was to jump from team, to team, to team, to team so often scares me.  Might speak of a lack of consistency.

I'm not through the rest of the rest of the thread yet but Wiki has him listed as a Raider (not very reliable, I know this).

Melvin's Wiki had him as a Packer yesterday. Anyone can edit it.

He bounced around, but the physical skillset is there to be a starting CB in a man scheme. Injuries have been his biggest enemy.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

I can't fathom why Tramon's name keeps coming up.

Because he's a former Packer and our CB group is nothing short of a raging dumpster fire.  Heck, I'm surprised we aren't' talking about Nick Collins and Al Harris coming out of retirement. 

Archived