2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

49 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

haha yeah exactly. The idea is, for me, if they really want to trade him, I don't want him purely based on that fact.

An unnamed scout told Dougherty that he thought the cost would be a 4th or 5th round pick .. maybe a 3rd tops.  I'd take a shot for that price tag.

18 hours ago, Apex said:

Gentlemen, the Chiefs aren't shopping him.  This is all speculation at this point.  Read back three or four pages.

JS online had an article about CB’s that could be available via free agent or trade. Peters is on top of that list. Either the reporter has heard those rumors too or he’s a poster on this forum. Quoted 2 unnamed scouts saying they thought he could be had for, one said a 4-5 round pick and the other said maybe a 3rd. Wow!  

A. Either the reporter has no source and is making it up with those rounds. 

B. He met the scouts in a bar and they were all drunk when discussing value.

C. A player with Peters issues really devalues himself 2-4 rounds with his behavior?

If C, I’m in the phone with KC tomorrow to hash out the trade agreement for our 3rd (or our 2nd if we really have to) ASAP. 

I want somebody like Peters on the defense.  I'm sorry, but I would rather have elite talent that acts childish about being coached than a bunch of scrubs who do whatever their coaches tell them.  If I was a coach and I had a player like Peters, I'd coach my defense to account for that.  Live with the mistakes, love the benefits.  Marcus Peters is not a bad person just like Charles Woodson was not a bad person.  He's confident in his ability and doesn't like his ability being questioned.  He has a problem with swallowing pride, that's it.  He's not a quitter.

That needs repeating.  He is not a quitter.  As that one person said, he left to the locker because he thought he was expelled, he came back ready to play, the defense didn't get back on the field.  How is that quitting?  It's not. 

As soon as we lost Charles Woodson, our secondary has SUCKED, and it hasn't created turnovers.  I can live with our secondary sucking if they're creating turnovers like they did in 2011.  We need that swagger in the backfield.  Randall has it, and he's been the only one who has been creating turnovers consistently for us.  Unfortunately, he's not an elite level talent.  Peters is.  Put Peters with Randall and our secondary goes from crap to elite pretty much just like that. 

Also, completely unrelated, I want Tramon Williams back as emergency depth.  I wouldn't ever want him to see the field, but I'd rather he see the field than some WR converted to corner that's two years away from being an XFL backup.  Literally. 

13 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

An unnamed scout told Dougherty that he thought the cost would be a 4th or 5th round pick .. maybe a 3rd tops.  I'd take a shot for that price tag.

Jesus. I heard it would take a first. Yeah you do it all day for that

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The nice thing is that if that unnamed scout is correct, that 4th or 5th round pick, maybe a 3rd tops, will only be a 3rd or 4th round pick, maybe a 2nd tops when Kansas City effs us out of an agreed on trade. 

Fantastic post lol

48 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Link?

It's in the Milwaukee Journal/Packersnews.

The reporter asked what he thought it would take to land him and the scout said he thought 4/5 maybe 3rd.

Don't think he was doing anything more than giving his opinion, and I personally think his opinion is crap lol.

Unless Reid and Peters are just flat out done with each other, I see the Chiefs laughing at such an offer.

Archived