2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

I’ll jump in. How many FA took less money to play elsewhere?  It’s always about money. 

There are probably free agents who take less to play in Texas and Florida than anywhere else in the league.  No state income tax kinda has that effect...

Now you quote me and say, "Touché."  Make sure you add that little doohickey above the E. 

Just now, Kepler said:

I actually agree with you to a point. The part I don't agree with is setting the artificial goalpost of age and using it to prove your point.

I already admitted I should have gone 28/older to account for players who entered the draft older.

Oh and by the way don't get so worked up. Your heart will thank you later. 

Don't you talk about my heart. 

3 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I’ll jump in. How many FA took less money to play elsewhere?  It’s always about money. 

Eh...it's not though. It's a major factor in a suite of many factors. Every day people take less money at different positions for a host of reasons. This is true in the NFL as well.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There are probably free agents who take less to play in Texas and Florida than anywhere else in the league.  No state income tax kinda has that effect...

Now you quote me and say, "Touché."  Make sure you add that little doohickey above the E. 

Is it really less money if they pay less taxes and end up with more?

Just now, incognito_man said:

Eh...it's not though. It's a major factor in a suite of many factors. Every day people take less money at different positions for a host of reasons. This is true in the NFL as well.

Exactly. Some players value different things more than others. 

12 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Is it really less money if they pay less taxes and end up with more?

When 10 million from the Packers and 10 million from a Florida/Texas team count the same amount against the salary cap, it's an additional reason to sign in Florida or Texas over Green Bay.  That's simple.

FYI, I've seen a very unconfirmed rumor (just among some fans as far as I can tell, no actual source that I'm aware of) that Jordan Matthews is visiting GB. Not sure about any validity to it, but it's been floating out there for about the last hour or so. Let's say for a sec it's true, thoughts? 

Just now, packfanfb said:

FYI, I've seen a very unconfirmed rumor (just among some fans as far as I can tell, no actual source that I'm aware of) that Jordan Matthews is visiting GB. Not sure about any validity to it, but it's been floating out there for about the last hour or so. Let's say for a sec it's true, thoughts? 

I don't think GB needs another slot guy

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Why do they have to be under the age of 28? The biggest signings in Green Bay History happened to be players over the age of 28 and both contributed to our defense greatly. Please see Reggie White and Charles Woodson. Age doesn't dictate whether they were long time contributors to this team or not or the type of impact they had on this team. This question is complete nonsense.

Thanks bru. 28 is an arbitrary number @HorizontoZenith decided to pull out of his rear once he was proven wrong about Gutey signings some Free agents.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

At 6' 3" he fits the prototype of a west coast offense receiver. But we don't use the west coast any more. 

No, no....I'm not ragging on him. Mentioned a day or so ago - somewhere around here - that while a good NFL WR (and thats a rare breed) he lacked separation speed. Outside that blurb (which I readily admit is not much) I dont know much else about his game i.e. route running, catching skills.....and such.

Archived