2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

33 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I'm blocked by Cohen and McGinn as well...

Writers don't like their bias being exposed.

lol yea, it’s crazy how many fans take their stuff seriously, especially on certain Packers sites. 

Sending over Perry actually eliminates whatever cap space GB has this year, rather than increasing space. There would literally be no room for OBJ $ this year.

so Nagler is either an incredibly ignorant or farming for clicks.

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

lol yea, it’s crazy how many fans take their stuff seriously, especially on certain Packers sites. 

Sending over Perry actually eliminates whatever cap space GB has this year, rather than increasing space. There would literally be no room for OBJ $ this year.

Thats how I got blocked by McGinn. I pointed out his clickbait every time. He's gotten extremely desperate for clicks at this point. He was a great writer at one time; when the newspaper was still made of actual paper. Now, sports newspaper reporters probably don't make enough money to live off of, which is probably why McGinn has his own site now.

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

So now you don’t get MLS/FIFA coverage or hear an old man yelling at you to get off his lawn?

I'm pretty sure Ted really pissed a lot of writers off by being so closed off, and in the meantime anyone in the world could write for Bleacher Report and it just crushed the value of a sports journalist in WI. They are willing to write the wrong thing to get paid more. It's like TMZ caliber reporting nowadays.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Thats how I got blocked by McGinn. I pointed out his clickbait every time. He's gotten extremely desperate for clicks at this point. He was a great writer at one time; when the newspaper was still made of actual paper. Now, sports newspaper reporters probably don't make enough money to live off of, which is probably why McGinn has his own site now.

He's also being advised by his son on how to run/promote a website. Bob used to post entire articles, now he breaks them into 3-4 pieces and spreads out the traffic over time.

The other part of clickbait in the internet age is that the article author rarely writes the headlines - that's somebody else's job and they are most certainly interested in pimping the traffic. That's why the tone of an article may or may not match up with the headline. I've seen JSO run with different headlines for the same material, bringing in a different demographic. TT sucks !.... TT is awesome !  Different headlines, same article.

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

He's also being advised by his son on how to run/promote a website. Bob used to post entire articles, now he breaks them into 3-4 pieces and spreads out the traffic over time.

The other part of clickbait in the internet age is that the article author rarely writes the headlines - that's somebody else's job and they are most certainly interested in pimping the traffic. That's why the tone of an article may or may not match up with the headline. I've seen JSO run with different headlines for the same material, bringing in a different demographic. TT sucks !.... TT is awesome !  Different headlines, same article.

Never been to it. I hear he still does quality draft coverage, but I have no interest in helping him earn money.

19 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

So now you don’t get MLS/FIFA coverage or hear an old man yelling at you to get off his lawn?

I'm convinced Cohen spews the MLS stuff because he thinks it makes him sound more worldly/progressive. 

42 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

He's an idiot. IDK how these guys get jobs. I might have just given a certain someone crap and he's easily better than Nagler. And makes far less. There's no accountability. There's more for your posts on this site lol

29 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

God damn you nailed it. Journalism is dead. I don't even blame then. Society went to ****.

Yes. I became the angry get off my lawn guy at 32. But it's real. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

He's an idiot. IDK how these guys get jobs. I might have just given a certain someone crap and he's easily better than Nagler. And makes far less. There's no accountability. There's more for your posts on this site lol

I like Nagler. He's an opinion. Insight. I dont judge him. He doesnt need to be "correct" for me. I listen to him while I'm busy doing other things. Its like listening to the news. It doesnt have to be right for me either.

40 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

He ruined his cred and endless sources by being mad big mean Ted didn't give him access. It was obvious early and nobody cared but then it grew to be so obvious I didn't care to click his stuff at all. He was a gigantic child over it.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I like Nagler. He's an opinion. Insight. I dont judge him. He doesnt need to be "correct" for me. I listen to him while I'm busy doing other things. Its like listening to the news. It doesnt have to be right for me either.

You are a nice guy and I respect that. We need more of you. On that note, he's bad at his job. There are guys all over who could do better. You even support one. You know who I mean

24 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm convinced Cohen spews the MLS stuff because he thinks it makes him sound more worldly/progressive. 

I'm convinced he does it to get replies. I mean how many times in a row can one person get told no one cares about their MLS stuff and still continue to talk about it?

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

You are a nice guy and I respect that. We need more of you. On that note, he's bad at his job. There are guys all over who could do better. You even support one. You know who I mean

I'm not that nice. You're (apparently) just a bad judge of character LOL

I "support one?"

Actually, you've got me. Who's the winner?

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He ruined his cred and endless sources by being mad big mean Ted didn't give him access. It was obvious early and nobody cared but then it grew to be so obvious I didn't care to click his stuff at all. He was a gigantic child over it.

I actually appreciated Ted's stance on interviews. His job was to win football games. Every moment he spends talking to the public is either a waste of his time or a detriment to the cards he has to play. Ted didn't have the emotional response system to care what others thought. Total boss move.

Archived