2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

21 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Agreed, this whole thing is silly anyways. The anthem lasts a minute or two and you see what a few images of players kneeling?  O jeez guess I can't watch football anymore because I saw a 3 second clip of someone respectfully kneeling on the sideline. Silly thing about it is if people didn't make it such a big deal it probably would have gone away by now. 

Never mind that I can see about 50 fans in the background drinking, on their phone, talking, ect... But the guy respectfully kneeling is a huge problem. As a veteran myself I don't take offense to something as stupid as this. Instead of boycotting football or faux outrage over this maybe they should start donating to veteran charities like Fisher House or Wounded Warrior Project. 

I AM SPARTACUS! (hope some of you are old enough to get this reference)

22 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Agreed, this whole thing is silly anyways. The anthem lasts a minute or two and you see what a few images of players kneeling?  O jeez guess I can't watch football anymore because I saw a 3 second clip of someone respectfully kneeling on the sideline. Silly thing about it is if people didn't make it such a big deal it probably would have gone away by now. 

Never mind that I can see about 50 fans in the background drinking, on their phone, talking, ect... But the guy respectfully kneeling is a huge problem. As a veteran myself I don't take offense to something as stupid as this. Instead of boycotting football or faux outrage over this maybe they should start donating to veteran charities like Fisher House or Wounded Warrior Project.

Well said.

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Someone go check Arrigo's timeline stat...

Oh boy. I was discussing football the other day on FB with a fellow fan, and he tagged Joe in a comment asking if he had heard anything about the topic we were discussing. All I could do was laugh.

Just now, Dubz41 said:

I AM SPARTACUS! (hope some of you are old enough to get this reference)

Ten-year-old people are old enough to get this reference.  It's reused all the time, probably in the source of Spartacus' avatar, too, which was a Starz TV series about Spartacus, called Spartacus.  Whether or not people have actually seen Kirk Douglas in one of his finest roles is another question.  I say finest because his finest performance was in Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.  Maybe Paths of Glory. 

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Ten-year-old people are old enough to get this reference.  It's reused all the time, probably in the source of Spartacus' avatar, too, which was a Starz TV series about Spartacus, called Spartacus.  Whether or not people have actually seen Kirk Douglas in one of his finest roles is another question.  I say finest because his finest performance was in Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.  Maybe Paths of Glory. 

I picked this avatar because it looks pretty bad ***. My interest in the actual man came from the Kirk Douglas movie. The actual true story of the man is extremely fascinating to me. Wrote a final paper on him for college. 

Packers meeting and/or talking with House this week apparently. At this point, I would not be opposed to putting him on the roster and letting him compete for a spot because I'd like the veteran depth, but it wouldn't stop me from trying to add DRC, or preferably Breeland. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers meeting and/or talking with House this week apparently. At this point, I would not be opposed to putting him on the roster and letting him compete for a spot because I'd like the veteran depth, but it wouldn't stop me from trying to add DRC, or preferably Breeland. 

Have we talked to Breeland? I haven't heard us interested in him at all. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I'm totally fine with Tramon, King, House and one more free agent.  DRC would be great. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Have we talked to Breeland? I haven't heard us interested in him at all. 

Think there was chatter that Packers were in the hunt or at least interested in him prior to him signing with Carolina. If the medical checks out later this month or in May, etc. I would presume we'd still be interested. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Think there was chatter that Packers were in the hunt or at least interested in him prior to him signing with Carolina. If the medical checks out later this month or in May, etc. I would presume we'd still be interested. 

Slight correction - I think, no? - he didnt actually sign with CAR. They deferred because of his foot injury. I wasnt sure myself but Mr. @SSG told the tale a few days ago.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Slight correction - I think, no? - he didnt actually sign with CAR. They deferred because of his foot injury. I wasnt sure myself but Mr. @SSG told the tale a few days ago.

Well yea technically it was voided. Semantics aside, he agreed to a deal with Carolina and that deal no longer exists. 

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

One thing we have going for us is:  We haven't seen Davon House without Dom Capers.  If he can stay healthy (monumental IF), I would like to see him in a new defense.  I am excited to see what the defense will do this year.  Adding House prevents the team from going panic DB in the first round.  I think King and House on the outside and Tramon on the inside, in typical 3 WR sets.

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

One thing we have going for us is:  We haven't seen Davon House without Dom Capers.  If he can stay healthy (monumental IF), I would like to see him in a new defense.  I am excited to see what the defense will do this year.  Adding House prevents the team from going panic DB in the first round.  I think King and House on the outside and Tramon on the inside, in typical 3 WR sets.

True, House could be better without Capers, but IMO losing Randall and adding Williams/House is not enough of an upgrade, regardless of where we draft a CB. Need one additional FA move. I see House as a No. 3-4 CB at best. Best case, House struggles to even make the final 53 because some of the unknown young players make significant jumps. Worst case, you have House as insurance if the young guys still look like UDFAs again. 

Archived