2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

42 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

That's ridiculous, no GM would think like this. Jimmy Graham, Mo Wilk, and Tramon are good pickups for an off-season, that's 3 starters. Not a sexy Rams off-season, but it's not horrible either. It's not impossible to fill the remaining needs with 12 picks as well. We have higher picks in every round which means we will have a better chance to get better players. 

And The Vikings overpaid for a QB who never won a Playoff game, whoopty freaking doo.

I know this poster from another board. He's a doom and gloomer. His statement is indeed ridiculous and doesn't merit much consideration beyond that.

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I know this poster from another board. He's a doom and gloomer. His statement is indeed ridiculous and doesn't merit much consideration beyond that.

I know him from my anger management class, can confirm 

A quick question, if any of you were a free agent and it is April the 8th, are you actively trying to get signed before the draft and the influx of new talent, or do you prefer now to wait it out after the draft and target teams that didn't address needs as there is no other way to improve their roster other than signing what is remaining in the free agent pool?

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

A quick question, if any of you were a free agent and it is April the 8th, are you actively trying to get signed before the draft and the influx of new talent, or do you prefer now to wait it out after the draft and target teams that didn't address needs as there is no other way to improve their roster other than signing what is remaining in the free agent pool?

I'd absolutely wait at this point.  If I'm a corner and I want to play, I'm not signing with a team only for a corner to fall in the draft, get drafted and then replace me on the depth chart in a youth movement. 

Every time I think this I just remember that time Keyshawn Johnson had to commentate on his replacement.

7 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

That's ridiculous, no GM would think like this. Jimmy Graham, Mo Wilk, and Tramon are good pickups for an off-season, that's 3 starters. Not a sexy Rams off-season, but it's not horrible either. It's not impossible to fill the remaining needs with 12 picks as well. We have higher picks in every round which means we will have a better chance to get better players. 

And The Vikings overpaid for a QB who never won a Playoff game, whoopty freaking doo.

Agreed and disagree. I too think our moves are steps in the right direction and we certainly have the draft to maybe fill a "few" holes, but I disagree with the bolded part. We cannot simply rely on the draft to fill our remaining holes this offseason. It needs to be draft plus active FA following the draft. We still need a veteran CB, we still need a veteran WR, we could use a veteran S as well. Those moves, especially the first two are a necessity IMO even if we draft a CB and WR in rounds 1 and 2.

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Agreed and disagree. I too think our moves are steps in the right direction and we certainly have the draft to maybe fill a "few" holes, but I disagree with the bolded part. We cannot simply rely on the draft to fill our remaining holes this offseason. It needs to be draft plus active FA following the draft. We still need a veteran CB, we still need a veteran WR, we could use a veteran S as well. Those moves, especially the first two are a necessity IMO even if we draft a CB and WR in rounds 1 and 2.

I'm definitely all for more FAs, though I still think the draft can fill most of the needs if we draft well. If we can address CB/EDGE/WR early I'll be a happy camper.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd absolutely wait at this point.  If I'm a corner and I want to play, I'm not signing with a team only for a corner to fall in the draft, get drafted and then replace me on the depth chart in a youth movement. 

Every time I think this I just remember that time Keyshawn Johnson had to commentate on his replacement.

LOL I remember that. Johnson got cut and never played another down in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wonder if the staff didn't think he was all that much better that what we already have...

That would have been a very poor assessment if so. I hope it was merely related to medical or he just wanted to go to NE because if we simply figured he wouldn't be better than Allison, Clark and co. then that's very scary.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

That would have been a very poor assessment if so. I hope it was merely related to medical or he just wanted to go to NE because if we simply figured he wouldn't be better than Allison, Clark and co. then that's very scary.

Oh yeah, I forgot he had a injury thing.  What was it?  

Archived