2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

I know we no longer have Ted sitting on his hands but I just get the feeling we are getting greedy wanting ANOTHER FA signing! j/k

i’m not in a rush to bring in Bowman yet, but I would assess the lb situation after the second preseason game. Right now gives the guys a chance to standout, if they don’t brin in a guy who will won’t take long to get up to speed

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh their LB/DL/OL grades are good. Bowman was legit good last year. WR/DB grades are terrible because they grade off TV tape.

really? they still use broadcast tape? i thought they use all-22 for every position. do you have a source ?

11 minutes ago, persiandud said:

really? they still use broadcast tape? i thought they use all-22 for every position. do you have a source ?

NFL all 22 tape isn't released to the public until sometime Tuesday evening. They post their game grades the night of or day after, there's no access to it. They grade off TV copy.

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

NFL all 22 tape isn't released to the public until sometime Tuesday evening. They post their game grades the night of or day after, there's no access to it. They grade off TV copy.

I have no way of verifying, but my understanding is they get their All-22 from NBC who gets it from the NFL. 

That is at least the company line. No way of verifying.

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I have no way of verifying, but my understanding is they get their All-22 from NBC who gets it from the NFL. 

That is at least the company line. No way of verifying.

Could be, I remember the article I read on it is probably 3 years old now, but they wanted to be the first breakdown of players and a game available so they graded immediately. That could be changed by now.

Still my issue with them is there refusal to admit their wrong in assigning fault. Also ignoring context and a game plan. Like they crushed Kevin King vs the Bengals it was like a 25 score, one of the worst players that week. Green had 10 for 111. It was King's first start against an All Pro, it was clear the game plan was for King not to get beat deep, and he didn't, and when Green caught a ball he made tackles and limited him to 11 YPC and no catches over 20 I believe. It was a well executed performance, but PFF just looks at targets, catches and yards.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Could be, I remember the article I read on it is probably 3 years old now, but they wanted to be the first breakdown of players and a game available so they graded immediately. That could be changed by now.

Still my issue with them is there refusal to admit their wrong in assigning fault. Also ignoring context and a game plan. Like they crushed Kevin King vs the Bengals it was like a 25 score, one of the worst players that week. Green had 10 for 111. It was King's first start against an All Pro, it was clear the game plan was for King not to get beat deep, and he didn't, and when Green caught a ball he made tackles and limited him to 11 YPC and no catches over 20 I believe. It was a well executed performance, but PFF just looks at targets, catches and yards.

You're gonna need to look elsewhere if you're looking for a pitched defense of Pro Football Focus.

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

11th ranked LB in the NFL last year according to PFF.

11th what? ... Because I thought PFF had him as the 29th rated ILB, with a below average rating last year according to this

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/navorro-bowman/5615

And PFF had Bowman on FAs to avoid list

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

8 hours ago, Beast said:

11th what? ... Because I thought PFF had him as the 29th rated ILB, with a below average rating last year according to this

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/navorro-bowman/5615

And PFF had Bowman on FAs to avoid list

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-free-agents-to-avoid

Well I certainly trust Gutes more than I trust a PFF beat writer. I'm sure they are exploring all options. At the moment Owen Burks and Ahmad Thomas are getting the reps. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:
Vaccaro off the market.

He was probably the best coverage Safety on the market. Now it goes to Eric Reed, though he might only be a SS/coverage LB.

3 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Well I certainly trust Gutes more than I trust a PFF beat writer. I'm sure they are exploring all options. At the moment Owen Burks and Ahmad Thomas are getting the reps. 

Yes, IF a team were to sign him... but so far no team has.

I figure they might also look at others like ILB Karlos Dansby, who has played two years under Pettine including leading the team one year in INTs, 2nd in forced fumbles and scored two touchdowns in 2015.

Archived