2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

9 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Packers do have >72 million in projected cap space next year with our QB under contract.  

Definitely ways to add people now. 

We better have one heck of a draft then as look who all comes off the books to make that 72 happen. That's no Clay, no Nelson, Cobb among others. I have to believe a few guys will get extended to finish out their careers here. Clay and Nelson would be great add some years as others have been speculating. Clay is still one of our best Dplayers even if the sack stats aren't there.

I think there next years cap space may assist is by having a possible larger portion of salary for any FA's next year while being modest this year? Not sure how that works but it could be of benefit.

7 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

We better have one heck of a draft then as look who all comes off the books to make that 72 happen. That's no Clay, no Nelson, Cobb among others. I have to believe a few guys will get extended to finish out their careers here. Clay and Nelson would be great add some years as others have been speculating. Clay is still one of our best Dplayers even if the sack stats aren't there.

I think there next years cap space may assist is by having a possible larger portion of salary for any FA's next year while being modest this year? Not sure how that works but it could be of benefit.

Jordy, Cobb, and Clay are all overpaid for their current production and are getting up their in age(minus Cobb) so I honestly don't mind moving on from them. Goal is to find their replacements. Watkins or Robinson in FA would clearly be the Jordy replacement. Clay replacement will likely be coming via the draft this yr I'd think

In a perfect world I'd love to keep Clay around on a cheaper deal as a situational rusher but idk if he'd accept that role or not

13 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

It is 2:32 EST on the first day of the legal tampering period. finny we will be ok

nah im not being sarcastic or anything. it's 232 on the first day of the legal tampering period and we're linked to more players than we've been collectively linked to over the past 5 years combined. 

The closer we get to the start of free agency, the less I find myself wanting to talk about anyone we’re supposedly in on as I’ve become so used to not landing anyone I thought we would I’m almost numb to excitement at this point. 

25 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Wonder if GB is trying to get a verbal agreement with one of Robinson/Watkins before going forward with cutting JOrdy/Cobb

That would make a lot of sense. My preference is Robinson over Watkins though.

All those rumored FA interests 06164.gif

Packermon!
Gotta Catch 'em all!
It's you and me
I know it's our destiny
Packermon!
Oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend!

Packermon!
Gotta catch 'em all!
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through!
You teach me and I teach you
Packermon!
Gotta Catch 'em all!
Gotta Catch 'em all!
Gotta Catch 'em all!
Gotta Catch 'em all!
Gotta Catch 'em all!
Yeah!

ty-montgomery-pokemon.jpg?format=1000w

2 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

I think definitely Robinson over Watkins too, I think Robinson will come cheaper, being a Big 10 guy, I think GB would be more appealing, and I frankly think he is better. 

You aren't serious are you?  Watkins is thought to be in the 6-7 million range and Robinson has to be over 10

For those that are trying to catch up and don't want to sift through all the talk.

Packers Reported Interest:

Allen Robinson, WR

Sammy Watkins, WR

Jimmy Graham, TE

DRC, CB

Trumaine Johnson, CB

Aaron Colvin, CB

Malcolm Butler, CB

Key: Bold = Reported by Reliable source, Italics = Reported but not by your more notable news breaking sources.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

For those that are trying to catch up and don't want to sift through all the talk.

Packers Reported Interest:

Allen Robinson, WR

Sammy Watkins, WR

Jimmy Graham, TE

DRC, CB

Trumaine Johnson, CB

Aaron Colvin, CB

Malcolm Butler, CB

Key: Bold = Reported by Reliable source, Italics = Reported but not by your more notable news breaking sources.

Bob McGinn isn't reputable?  

Archived