2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

If we were to cut Jordy or Cobb, I'd go with Cobb.  If Cobb isn't 100% (which seems like all the time) with his size, he can't get open down field and is just too limited. I feel like we can get the underneath production that we get from Cobb from Montgomery/Adams. I also feel like with AR back, Jordy will bounce back. AR and JN have that 10 year jedi go to connection. His yards were down, but JN had 6 TDs  in the 5 games before MN.

I'm probably the only person down on Trumaine Johnson. Slightly above average CB getting #1 money. No thank you. I'd rather get an impact guy on the DL (Suh/Wilk) and then either get teir 2 CBs and another guy in the draft.

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

If we were to cut Jordy or Cobb, I'd go with Cobb.  If Cobb isn't 100% (which seems like all the time) with his size, he can't get open down field and is just too limited. I feel like we can get the underneath production that we get from Cobb from Montgomery/Adams. I also feel like with AR back, Jordy will bounce back. AR and JN have that 10 year jedi go to connection. His yards were down, but JN had 6 TDs  in the 5 games before MN.

I'm probably the only person down on Trumaine Johnson. Slightly above average CB getting #1 money. No thank you. I'd rather get an impact guy on the DL (Suh/Wilk) and then either get teir 2 CBs and another guy in the draft.

I'm not that high on Trumaine Johnson either but then again I'm not surprised the Packers are. Pettine apparently loves those big corners.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

What a lame first day so far. Usually a dozen or so guys already have agreements after day 1. Hope the NFL isn't turning into MLB.

If players are already agreeing to deals, that means teams are overpaying.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

What a lame first day so far. Usually a dozen or so guys already have agreements after day 1. Hope the NFL isn't turning into MLB.

That's what I was thinking too ... usually the official opening of free agency is nothing more then a formality. The top guys have all already agreed to contracts. Maybe we'll hear more tonight / tomorrow?

Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

Said it before too, but Saints have like 32 million in cap space and might have to give out 27-28 million fully guaranteed to Brees.   And if they somehow screw up and dont resign him, no reason for Graham to sign there. 

They also will have room for probably 1 other top tier guy after Brees, up to them if they want it to be on offense or defense. Only guy they can really cut for space is Mark Ingram.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I am hoping it did turn into the MLB and teams are colluding to drive down salaries. That would be a great outcome for the Packers, being cheap and trying to get big names...

1 minute ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Said it before too, but Saints have like 32 million in cap space and might have to give out 27-28 million fully guaranteed to Brees.   And if they somehow screw up and dont resign him, no reason for Graham to sign there. 

I am assuming that if they have Graham in hand, they will cut Fleener to clear up the space.

1 minute ago, oldmansmell said:

I am assuming that if they have Graham in hand, they will cut Fleener to clear up the space.

Surely, cap space can always be made, but moreorless making the point that the Saints aren't really in a position to be entering any kind of bidding war or offer top dollar.  Really sounds like Graham is set on playing with an elite QB. 

2 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Surely, cap space can always be made, but moreorless making the point that the Saints aren't really in a position to be entering any kind of bidding war or offer top dollar.  Really sounds like Graham is set on playing with an elite QB. 

Eh look at their roster, they really don't have any candidates other than Ingram. Lots of guaranteed money and not much base.

Archived