The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

On 10/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

Just give Joe Moorhead $2 million to be the OC when Mississippi State fires him

the issue is Harbs IMO. He needs to be more like a CEO. He needs to worry about running the program and recruiting instead of trying to be a hands on coach and being involved with the offense, Hes gotta be more like Urbz. When Urbz made it to a big time program, he left the coaching of the players aspect to his assistants. I say Saban does that as well. They focus on building a good staff and allow them to do what they are hired to do. Saban worries about recruiting and the overall aspect of the program. Saban and Urbz will get their hands dirty but they are more so hands off when it comes to offenses and defenses unless they have too, I think you see that when they arent afraid to pull powers from coaches and just fire them. Its also why they have such great coaching trees, those two develop coaches just as well as they develop players. I think that is Harbs issue, I think he tries to do to much and doesnt let his coaches do their jobs. I also believe thats a reason why they havent been able to pull great assistant offensive coaches. Harbs has done enough in his career that he doesnt need to be so involved in certain aspects of the offense. Fully trust your coaches. I also dont believe Harbs is innovative enough for todays game. He needs to get an OC and allow him to control the offense, fully.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 11:43 PM, buno67 said:

the issue is Harbs IMO. He needs to be more like a CEO. He needs to worry about running the program and recruiting instead of trying to be a hands on coach and being involved with the offense, Hes gotta be more like Urbz. When Urbz made it to a big time program, he left the coaching of the players aspect to his assistants. I say Saban does that as well. They focus on building a good staff and allow them to do what they are hired to do. Saban worries about recruiting and the overall aspect of the program. Saban and Urbz will get their hands dirty but they are more so hands off when it comes to offenses and defenses unless they have too, I think you see that when they arent afraid to pull powers from coaches and just fire them. Its also why they have such great coaching trees, those two develop coaches just as well as they develop players. I think that is Harbs issue, I think he tries to do to much and doesnt let his coaches do their jobs. I also believe thats a reason why they havent been able to pull great assistant offensive coaches. Harbs has done enough in his career that he doesnt need to be so involved in certain aspects of the offense. Fully trust your coaches. I also dont believe Harbs is innovative enough for todays game. He needs to get an OC and allow him to control the offense, fully.

Harbaugh has taken the hands off approach this year. Gattis has had full control of the offense and is the play-caller. I don’t know if it is still accurate, but at least the first few weeks of the year he didn’t even have a play sheet. The last two weeks it has appeared that Harbaugh gave the running game back to Warriner as they have switched to mostly running what worked last year, but that’s been mostly it. They’re not running a Harbaugh offense. The only problem is Gattis hasn’t lived up to expectations yet. 

9 hours ago, winitall said:

Harbaugh has taken the hands off approach this year. Gattis has had full control of the offense and is the play-caller. I don’t know if it is still accurate, but at least the first few weeks of the year he didn’t even have a play sheet. The last two weeks it has appeared that Harbaugh gave the running game back to Warriner as they have switched to mostly running what worked last year, but that’s been mostly it. They’re not running a Harbaugh offense. The only problem is Gattis hasn’t lived up to expectations yet. 

Yeah, he was better this week, but still has a few baffling plays where you wonder what the hell he's trying to do.

Definitely seems like Warinner either has the run game or is helping them put it together, and they've definitely been better for it.

12 hours ago, winitall said:

what were your expectations with Gattis? Dude got play-calling duties taken away from him at Bama because he couldnt properly use Tua and that offensive talent. What makes you think he would have been even better at Michigan? If the plan is to get Warriner back involved, that season is over then.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You’re getting better.

I think next year will be a true breakout year.

Going to depend a lot on how much McCaffrey can throw, and how much of a leap Gattis can make as a playcaller. They also really need Ambry Thomas to stay, because CB will be a huge issue without him. Haven't really seen him pop up on radars, but he's had a fantastic season and is a great athlete.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lose all three WRs - I think all three have been planning on going pro for a long time, and while Tarik is definitely not having a season good enough to go, I've always felt like he was the one that has wanted to go the most. Have some talent, but not as much as they are losing there. Also losing at least three really good linemen in Bredeson, Onwenu, and Runyan. Getting Ruiz back would be a massive win.

Unfortunately, Harbaugh offenses just never seem ready from the start. I think Gattis has gone from "yeah, this dude is getting fired" to doing enough to stick around. His run game still sucks, though, and I really think they need Warinner to be handling that. Some recruiting holes may start to rear their head next year unless there are some big leaps.

Edited by JammerHammer21

23 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Going to depend a lot on how much McCaffrey can throw, and how much of a leap Gattis can make as a playcaller. They also really need Ambry Thomas to stay, because CB will be a huge issue without him. Haven't really seen him pop up on radars, but he's had a fantastic season and is a great athlete.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lose all three WRs - I think all three have been planning on going pro for a long time, and while Tarik is definitely not having a season good enough to go, I've always felt like he was the one that has wanted to go the most. Have some talent, but not as much as they are losing there. Also losing at least three really good linemen in Bredeson, Onwenu, and Runyan. Getting Ruiz back would be a massive win.

Unfortunately, Harbaugh offenses just never seem ready from the start. I think Gattis has gone from "yeah, this dude is getting fired" to doing enough to stick around. His run game still sucks, though, and I really think they need Warinner to be handling that. Some recruiting holes may start to rear their head next year unless there are some big leaps.

Harbs will buy himself another year. I think they win their bowl game this year and fight OSU in a really close game.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

9517998.png

@JammerHammer21 your coach is a weird dude.

And then some.... Personally I can't stand Harbaugh as a person, probably the reason it's so easy for me to jump on the fire Harbaugh wagon.

What are the odds that skinny little nerdy looking kid ends up and NFL QB?

Edited by rob_shadows