The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread

1King

On 9/3/2017 at 4:06 AM, Louis Friend said:

He was our worst player out there. He handed Florida 14 pts. Now, I know the refs took away that first TD from the bogus ineligible receiver call, but that is something outside of team control. Without those 2 pick-6's, the game is the 33-3 blowout that it should have been. Scores will matter when it comes to seeding. 

I thought they said after halftime that they spoke to Harbaugh and he said he was going to play both Speight and O'Korn in the second half, like the first, but he did not. 

Speight also missed three very easy would-be TD passes. His mental lapses are a real problem. They started in the Iowa game last season, and it doesn't appear that he has gotten over them.

Not feeling great about the Purdue game. 

This feels like a game that could go very, very poorly.

The offense inspires absolutely no confidence at all.

This is a Purdue team that played a very close game against Louisville to open the year. They lost 35-28.

They then went on to blow the doors off Ohio and Missouri. 

This is definitely not a game to be saying that we'll blow them out. If anything, it's going to be very close. 

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

This is a Purdue team that played a very close game against Louisville to open the year. They lost 35-28.

This is definitely not a game to be saying that we'll blow them out. If anything, it's going to be very close. 

On the other hand, there is a lot to like about this game for Michigan.

The offense struggles mainly due to pressure and bodies in the backfield.  Purdue only has one sack and 8 tackles for loss on the season.  That puts them tied for dead last in sacks and dead last in tackles for loss per game.  Speight should have all day and the running backs will have room.

While Purdue played a very close game against Louisville played close, the score could have been much worse.  Louisville had two fumbles, one at the Purdue 2 and the other at the Purdue 1.  That's a lot of missed points that I am guessing Michigan would at least score in some way on.  It is also important to note that Purdue's quarterbacks both threw some terrible balls with one ending up a pick six.  They are certainly dangerous but have shown flaws Michigan could capitalize on.

I also would not classify either of Ohio or Missouri as 'good'.  I think Air Force would probably beat both.

I could see this being either a tight game if Michigan can't capitalize on Purdue's offensive issues or a blowout if we can get started early and make a few big plays.

Louisville turned the ball over in the red zone.

Sounds a lot like what we've seen from the Michigan offense so far this year.

The game plan should be run, win possession, and keep the defense off the field. They do that and they win. 

If Purdue starts slowing down the Michigan run, this is going to be a problematic game.

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Purdue hasn't played a good defense yet, nor a good team.  Michigan may be slumping offensively but Purdue's defense is a team to get it right against.  This wont' be close and the score may be closer then it should be, like in the Cincy and AF game.

Edited by ahoda

1 hour ago, RollEagles said:

Louisville turned the ball over in the red zone.

Sounds a lot like what we've seen from the Michigan offense so far this year.

The game plan should be run, win possession, and keep the defense off the field. They do that and they win. 

If Purdue starts slowing down the Michigan run, this is going to be a problematic game.

We haven't turned the ball over in the redzone yet this year.  So I'm not really sure the point you are trying to make.  If Louisville gets a field goal on both those possessions like Michigan has done on pretty much every trip it's a much different game and the score would show it.  Even with our struggles, I would be absolutely shocked if we had the ball inside the 2 yard line on two different possessions and didn't score a touchdown.