E3 2018 and upcoming titles

riceman80

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

Xbox always has like 20 games by lesser known developers at E3. They seem to do a few heavy hits and then flood with a bunch indie/small development games.

Yea and their E3 conferences are normally a snooze fest.  Insert re-hashed franchise here (Gears of War, Halo, etc) then a bunch of small indy games that I don't care about.  Oh yeah, can't forget about Forza.. gotta have that.

Granted, I'm not too excited about most Playstation exclusives because those games look boring as well (for the most part), but Xbox is just in such bad shape in terms of exclusives.  They really need Sea of Thieves to be a huge success.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Yea and their E3 conferences are normally a snooze fest.  Insert re-hashed franchise here (Gears of War, Halo, etc) then a bunch of small indy games that I don't care about.  Oh yeah, can't forget about Forza.. gotta have that.

Granted, I'm not too excited about most Playstation exclusives because those games look boring as well (for the most part), but Xbox is just in such bad shape in terms of exclusives.  They really need Sea of Thieves to be a huge success.

I dont have an Xbox but im curious to see the reviews it gets. Theres been alot of hype around it for awhile.

The community should be huge for it being that that PC and Xbox players will be able to link up. Also read somewhere that itll be a free to play upon release for those with Xbox Game Pass.

5 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I dont have an Xbox but im curious to see the reviews it gets. Theres been alot of hype around it for awhile.

The community should be huge for it being that that PC and Xbox players will be able to link up. Also read somewhere that itll be a free to play upon release for those with Xbox Game Pass.

I'm interested as well.  The game got a lot of positive reviews during the closed beta it recently had.  I didn't get a chance to play it because I'm really skeptical about the game, so I haven't pre-ordered it yet.  And yes, good point about the PC/Xbox integration.  It's great that PC and Xbox are trying to do this as much as possible, I just wish Sony wasn't so against it.

9 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Hoping Pokemon is an RPG for Switch; by that I mean Gen 8.

I'd like a game that is (A) actually hard. (B) not linear at all. (C) has a much better Pokemon league. Give us a long tournament like in the anime!

I think we both know this isn't happening :( 

5 hours ago, showtime said:

PS4 had a TON of exclusives (console or otherwise) that scored an 80 or better on MetaCritic in 2017 alone. They'll have no shortage of them in 2018, either: God of War, Shadow of the Colossus remake, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Shenmue 3, Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and (give or take) Death Stranding.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

PS4 had a TON of exclusives (console or otherwise) that scored an 80 or better on MetaCritic in 2017 alone. They'll have no shortage of them in 2018, either: God of War, Shadow of the Colossus remake, Spider-Man, Days Gone, Shenmue 3, Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima and (give or take) Death Stranding.

I'm sure the original The Last of Us scored very well, but that game was extremely boring.  Naughty Dog has always done a great job making the gamer feel a connection to the character and they always have engaging stories with games that look great graphically.  With all that said, the game had no replay-ability for me.  It's the perfect game to Redbox for like 2-3 days and beat it then never play it again.  God of War is very meh.  Spider-Man looks really good, but I can Redbox that and beat it in probably 12-15 hours.

Bloodborne is a great example of a terrific PlayStation exclusive.  That game is awesome.  The Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.... Those games are bland and honestly not really all that fun.

Most of these games are just the same re-hashed things over and over again.  It's just not interesting to me.

7 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:
18 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think we both know this isn't happening :( 

Sadly, I know. I'd be okay with a CHALLENGE mode. Higher levels, gyms have items / breed moves. Etc. 

I really don't understand why this isn't a thing. I don't care for the meta stuff being too important as I don't do EV/IV stuff. But just raise the levels and make it more challenging. Even if it'd unlocked after beating the elite 4 once... please Nintendo. Sun/Moon were the worst in the series by far... couldn't go 5 minutes in the first 3 hours without being told what to do 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I really don't understand why this isn't a thing. I don't care for the meta stuff being too important as I don't do EV/IV stuff. But just raise the levels and make it more challenging. Even if it'd unlocked after beating the elite 4 once... please Nintendo. Sun/Moon were the worst in the series by far... couldn't go 5 minutes in the first 3 hours without being told what to do 

More reasons why Heart Gold / Soul Silver were by far the best of the series. Loved re-challenging the E4 and having them much tougher plus re-challenging gym leaders and such. So many events as well.

5 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

More reasons why Heart Gold / Soul Silver were by far the best of the series. Loved re-challenging the E4 and having them much tougher plus re-challenging gym leaders and such. So many events as well.

G/S were my first games ever. I just started a new save on HG after Crystal came out on the virtual console... tried that for 2 hours and figured i may as well play the new version lol. I have been way too distracted playing Stardew so I haven't gotten far.

13 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm sure the original The Last of Us scored very well, but that game was extremely boring.  Naughty Dog has always done a great job making the gamer feel a connection to the character and they always have engaging stories with games that look great graphically.  With all that said, the game had no replay-ability for me.  It's the perfect game to Redbox for like 2-3 days and beat it then never play it again.  God of War is very meh.  Spider-Man looks really good, but I can Redbox that and beat it in probably 12-15 hours.

Bloodborne is a great example of a terrific PlayStation exclusive.  That game is awesome.  The Last of Us, Uncharted, etc.... Those games are bland and honestly not really all that fun.

Most of these games are just the same re-hashed things over and over again.  It's just not interesting to me.

I've never disagreed with a post so much in my life lol. That said, opinions are gonna opinion I guess. Though, since when is replay-ability the measure of a good game? If that's the case then every single player game ever sucks IMO. I have no interest in replaying single player games, I think I've replayed maybe 4 or 5 single player games in my life. I don't really get that complaint. 

Also while you might've found past God of War games very meh (I would agree with you there), this one looks so much different and have almost no clue how it'll play and be. So it's pretty premature to write it off. I'm excited for it, but it's definitely in my "wait for impressions and reviews, buy a week after it comes out if they say good things" box. 

1 hour ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Now this is a good opinion right here. 2 regions, the elite 4, Pokemon following you, etc. HG/SS is the best and it's all been downhill since. I did enjoy B/W and B2/W2 though, and haven't played Pokemon since them. 

Archived