BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

56 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Oh and the Vikings/Browns kicker roulette is one of the reasons why we don't have them anymore. 

Meh I have a few workarounds for this for the owners meeting

Specifically, If your K/P gets injured/appears on an injury report/is placed on IR/becomes a FA. You are allowed/eligible for a waiver claim to replace them and the replacement will not count against your cap/roster since they will take the spot of the previous K/P. 

I'd also suggest allowing special teamers a salary of $250 as a minimum, no K/P can be signed to a contract longer than 1 year because all K/Ps will enter the shark tank pool and only be eligible to be bid on there. No long term contract issues and they don't take up as much cap.

I can see doing away with punters but Kickers are something I'm gonna try and bring back. 

Edited by DingoLadd

Just now, WFLukic said:

The Ogbah cap dump is the best part.

I’ve got a crazy busy day today with a long dentist appt and a home inspection but I can imagine there are going to be some issues with the balance of this trade.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I’ve got a crazy busy day today with a long dentist appt and a home inspection but I can imagine there are going to be some issues with the balance of this trade.

Should have had to throw in a draft pick or two also

Edited by Counselor

Yeah I don't see how this is going to work after the whole issue we had re: Wilson, and that's a guy making 20k a year.

Mahomes would be thr cheapest starter in the league for the next 3 years with another cost-controlled year after that. At this given point in time, I can barely think of anyone potentially more valuable as an asset than Wentz.

36 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

The Ogbah cap dump is the best part.

I've watched this kid play at Oklahoma State and I believe he can play in this league.  He was drafted with the first pick in the second round, started the full year his rookie year.  He's collected 9.5 sacks at a position not known for getting a ton of sacks and he's solid at knocking down passes w/ 10 PDef.  He is dealing with an ankle injury, originally thought to be a high ankle sprain that has been downgraded and is likely to play next week.____IMO, he's a solid player.

35 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I understand that some may have issues with the balance, but you seem to be spreading the word rather quickly in hopes of getting everyone excited.   

Nothing to see here folks....Nothing to see here.  

I've got a defense that currently is struggling to field a pass rusher off the edge.  Bosa's injury sounds like its going to linger past October.  I've got quarterbacks on this roster for days as well as a ton of draft picks.  Patrick M isn't going to upseat Rivers or his 6 year contract not to mention we've got this years first round pick Baker Mayfield.  

I see a need to fix my defense by trading a player (albeit having a great start to the season) but that is currently on the bench.  Sure the deal favors Portland, I'm trading a QB that is playing sensational right now, but I can't put him on the edge and get the same results.  This was the best offer I received hands down from several of you guys.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

No way this should get approved. If it was Footsy not Xmad, we would have vetoed it in a heartbeat.

@ny92mike you should wait to get the best value. You already know I've expressed interest in Mahomes. I'm sure other did too. Wait to find the best value for you. No need to rush anything on a Tuesday. If you can't find a better value than that then you can argue with the committee.

Now I'm not in the trade committee so my opinion is not that valuable

43 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

No way this should get approved. If it was Footsy not Xmad, we would have vetoed it in a heartbeat.

@ny92mike you should wait to get the best value. You already know I've expressed interest in Mahomes. I'm sure other did too. Wait to find the best value for you. No need to rush anything on a Tuesday. If you can't find a better value than that then you can argue with the committee.

Now I'm not in the trade committee so my opinion is not that valuable

I think that you two @Jlash are playing politics with this.

You guys have both showed interest in trading for him while at the same time looking to veto it.  I've got a ton of respect for both of you but what you guys are doing isn't right.

I've stated already that I've got serious issues with my defensive front and have a bench quarterback that I'm not using.  I'm looking out for my own team and that teams needs rather than looking to hord a player from a team that might benefit.  I can't start Patrick at Edge, he isn't going to get the start over Rivers and I've got first round pick Baker Mayfield, whom is very likely to get the start next season if not sooner in Cleveland.  

I've been extremely active since my return to BDL and should be given the ability to build my team as I see fit.  If you really want to stop this, then hit up @MCoster who is the official owner of this team and let him knock it down, but don't expect me to continue to build game plans each and every week if I've got no control over this team's roster.  I'm trying to keep this team competitive and right now this team is struggling off the edge.   

Just now, ny92mike said:

You guys have both showed interest in trading for him while at the same time looking to veto it.  I've got a ton of respect for both of you but what you guys are doing isn't right.

Completely disagree, but if people want me to be left off the ruling on this one, that's fine. 

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I've stated already that I've got serious issues with my defensive front and have a bench quarterback that I'm not using.  I'm looking out for my own team and that teams needs rather than looking to hord a player from a team that might benefit.  I can't start Patrick at Edge, he isn't going to get the start over Rivers and I've got first round pick Baker Mayfield, whom is very likely to get the start next season if not sooner in Cleveland.  

I've been extremely active since my return to BDL and should be given the ability to build my team as I see fit.  If you really want to stop this, then hit up @MCoster who is the official owner of this team and let him knock it down, but don't expect me to continue to build game plans each and every week if I've got no control over this team's roster.  I'm trying to keep this team competitive and right now this team is struggling off the edge.   

Mike, all I will say at the moment is that no one is trying to do anything shady.  This kind of discussion is not unusual, especially when a young, talented QB is being traded.

I just don't want anyone taking anything personally.