BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

10 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I could throw together a stitched together gameplan but time just got the better of me this week. @Jlash apologies for not having a game plan this week, enjoy your win.

I'm not a fan of this trend. I'd rather have a gameplan be late than someone decide they're not sending one in 10 hours before the deadline...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm not a fan of this trend. I'd rather have a gameplan be late than someone decide they're not sending one in 10 hours before the deadline...

not turning in a gameplan leads to cap penalty next year. So Dingo will get a penalty for this

18 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Remember when I suggested the bottom four wrote each other's write  up... 

Not following this.

Bottom 4 teams in standings write other people write ups?  Seems like it would be a disadvantage to the person that actually did his own write up.  I know that if someone else did a write up for another team, I likely wouldn't vote for it.  I get that if it happened in a situation where the person was on vacation but something like this should be announced in advance.

10 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Is this happening because of the standings?  Or the holidays getting in the way of things?  If it's the holidays perhaps we should get serious about injecting a bye week.

What would a bye accomplish tbh? We have Thanksgiving, Christmas coming up. A random bye week for BDL for everyone to schedule vacation time around? lol

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not following this.

Bottom 4 teams in standings write other people write ups?  Seems like it would be a disadvantage to the person that actually did his own write up.  I know that if someone else did a write up for another team, I likely wouldn't vote for it.  I get that if it happened in a situation where the person was on vacation but something like this should be announced in advance.

No.  Number 15 in the standings writes number 16 and vice versa 

Number 13 writes number 14 

Edited by bcb1213

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

No.  Number 15 in the standings writes number 16 and vice versa 

Number 13 writes number 14 

And someone still would've gotten screwed. Nice for me to do Dingo's write up and then he doesn't do someone else's?

22 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What would a bye accomplish tbh? We have Thanksgiving, Christmas coming up. A random bye week for BDL for everyone to schedule vacation time around? lol

I think it would give everyone a much needed break.  The season in BDL is pretty long and requires a fair amount of time.