BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

5 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Unfortunately nothing to do with your forms, at least not initially.

I've been mulling over the idea of a "limited rebuttal" something like a 300 character limit to counter what your opponent has game planned and/or call out any inconsistencies. I hate when match-ups turn into pissing contests in the thread but I think there is some value in it as even NFL coaches have halftime to re-assess what was done in the first half and make adjustments.

I'm cool with it.

So much of the game plans are simply hits on the opponents roster, like he can't be covered so regardless who you put on him he'll have 100 yard game.  Julio Jones and Mike Evans are close to that but as much as it pains me, it doesn't happen every game.  It would be nice to point out things like this, rub it in your opponents face, kick them in the nuts and pull their shirt over their head and beat them into submission....lol.

Reason #978537637437 PFF is a joke

Jarran Reed is listed as the #65 Interior Defensive Lineman by them. Reed has 8.5 sacks this year and anyone who has watched the Seahawks as much as I have knows he has often dominated the line of scrimmage in both the pass and run game. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Jarran Reed is listed as the #65 Interior Defensive Lineman by them. Reed has 8.5 sacks this year and anyone who has watched the Seahawks as much as I have knows he has often dominated the line of scrimmage in both the pass and run game. 

they give him top 30 as a pass rusher, middle pack run defender, but the thing i dislike about pff with d lineman is he gets knocked for bottom ten in pass coverage which for reasons unbeknownst to me is why they even have a coverage rating for an interior lineman

7 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

they give him top 30 as a pass rusher, middle pack run defender, but the thing i dislike about pff with d lineman is he gets knocked for bottom ten in pass coverage which for reasons unbeknownst to me is why they even have a coverage rating for an interior lineman

I'm not even sure they know, probably just to keep track of it but like why assign it a rating.

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

does anyone remember if we reseed or just straight bracket

I believe reseed. If I remember Well we played each other in the BB and I was the 2nd seed and you were the 6th. Might want to check that before Whicker quits again though :D

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I believe reseed. If I remember Well we played each other in the BB and I was the 2nd seed and you were the 6th. Might want to check that before Whicker quits again though :D

lol, I'm trying to be proactive here before any results start coming down

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

Maybe because he's overlooked by the great Bobby Wagner...haha.

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Ugh people taking for granted a playoff spot is depressing. I’m using the time to take on important issues in my personal life.

Finally gonna get rid of the guy you locked in your trunk and forgot about eh? 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Finally gonna get rid of the guy you locked in your trunk and forgot about eh? 

I take that back sort of because it’s a busy week and these guys are in for their 15th consecutive week of writeups. I was occupied myself so respect to all the guys (namely @Whicker, @TedLavie, and @ny92mike) for their effort in that area.

• Like 2