BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Haha looked back at Jepg's drafts:

2013:

2.1 - S Johnathan Cyprien - Meh, he's not very good but a starter in the league and good depth. 
3.15 - WR Keenan Allen - Actually a good pick. Well done. 
4.3 - OT Terron Armstead - Another good pick, but he gave on him pretty quick if I recall correctly. 
5.5 - DE Alex Okafor - 18 career sacks in 5 years. Probably about what you'd expect from a guy taken in the 5th. 
5.8 - LB Sio Moore - Bust. 
6.8 - DE Corey Lemonier - Who?

2014:
5.3 - CB Pierre Desir - Sucks
5.5 - CB Phillip Gaines - Sucks
5.13 - OL Billy Turner - Sucks
5.20 - DB Jaylen Watkins - Sucks
6.7 - OG Trai Turner - Pro-bowl level guard, great pick
6.8 - OT Cameron Fleming - meh
7.12 - DE Aaron Lynch - Had potential but fallen off radar now

2015:
1.9 - DE Alvin Dupree - Average NFL starter but underwhelming for BDL standards. 
2.3 - WR Breshad Perriman - Ugh
2.12 - CB/S Eric Rowe - Meh, good BDL depth player
3.5 - TE Maxx Williams - Bust
4.5 - DT Xavier Cooper - Bad
4.8 - OT Donovan Smith - One of the worst starting OTs
4.10 - WR TreMcBridge - Lol
4.11 - WR Sammie Coates - Lol x2
7.10 - OG Jamon Brown - 16 game starter, good hit for a 7th. 

All in all, pretty much a train wreck of drafts. Allen's a great WR and Turner's a great OG. Armstead is a solid LT who's often injured and Cyprien, Rowe, Lynch, Fleming & Brown are way under par for BDL but useful nfl players. The rest though, yeesh. 

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It almost seemed like jepg liked having a dumpster team. He always made moves that put him in the basement. 

The dude was proficient at hoarding 1. Scrubs on 501/3 deals and 2. 5th & 6th round picks. I think I had like a combined 10 5th & 6th round picks the year I took over and like 1/4 of the salary cap was taken up by guys on contracts worth less than 750. I've pretty much adopted the exact opposite approach to building a team he has... and it seems to be working haha. 

• Like 1

Yeah. It's an incredible class. The top 4 that have already being drafted, and imo, the next 2 generally ranked after them, will all have long nfl careers. 

I think we'll see 6 QBs taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft. 4 will be taken in the top 4/6 picks. That's unprecedented. 

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I also think this may be a record for QBs taken this early. And it's not that good of a class.

32 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I greatly disagree 

I don't think its a bad class (I would compare it to 2014), although some QBs have been elevated by a lack of quality at the top of the class in general, but it does seem funny that the Qbs have gone so early. Usually you see at least 1 slide down to rounds 3/4.