Madden 19

MacReady

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Pulling/lead blocking in Madden has always been terrible, especially on All-Madden.  I get that they want to make it harder, but they should make the defenders better, not the lead blockers/fullbacks mouth breathers.  I don't know which Madden games you've been playing, but it's always been like that.  It's why I literally don't even bother with toss plays unless my RB has over 91 speed. 

Improving the fullback rating doesn't do a damned thing either.  I tried maxing out every single blocking category on a fullback and had him at 99 speed, acceleration, awareness... Everything.  He ran towards the safety 10 yards downfield instead of the linebacker who was right in front of him. 

There was one game where lead blockers actually looked in front of them (I think it was 2-3 years ago though), but this game is especially bad (or maybe I just haven't played Madden in a year and forgot).

But yeah I'd prefer if defenders just played the blockers better rather than blockers being terrible. Or throw in animations where smaller guys try to avoid the blockers while bigger guys take them on or something. Right now it's just pure garbage.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The only issue I've had with trap plays is that guys are too slow. Even when you wait to turbo off his ***, it takes him a half second too long. And if you get too close, you get sucked into him. But that was last year's Madden.

Same thing this year. Burst doesn't matter. You can hit the hole holding turbo or not, guys will stop your momentum completely while just getting off blocks 2 yards behind you.

54 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Same thing this year. Burst doesn't matter. You can hit the hole holding turbo or not, guys will stop your momentum completely while just getting off blocks 2 yards behind you.

I do like that they allow the free runner for the trap guy. And he blocks him and you read his butt. But I wish oline was half a second faster. Which I guess is a speed stat thing. So only pull fast guys?

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's straight butter on all pro with default sliders. At least the ones I ran with the GB PB. And my line blows

You're on superhero all Madden mode though yeah? 

I still haven't bothered with counters and **** but the trap has worked for me. Little patience then just turbo it. It's not like gashing every play but I haven't lost yards, like getting just demolished all the time like I remember and I got to the third level plenty and haven't run it a ton.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

It's straight butter on all pro with default sliders. At least the ones I ran with the GB PB. And my line blows

You're on superhero all Madden mode though yeah? 

I still haven't bothered with counters and **** but the trap has worked for me. Little patience then just turbo it. It's not like gashing every play but I haven't lost yards, like getting just demolished all the time like I remember and I got to the third level plenty and haven't run it a ton.

I lowered it down to All-Pro.

HB Dive and HB Stretch are all that work for me.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I lowered it down to All-Pro.

HB Dive and HB Stretch are all that work for me.

Stretches definitely work well. That's weird as hell my traps work with a crap interior and not very good backs.

Shrug... I'll mess some more tomorrow. Maybe it was just the right couple teams. I haven't played a ton of games then just sitting in practice screwing around

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Stretches definitely work well. That's weird as hell my traps work with a crap interior and not very good backs.

Shrug... I'll mess some more tomorrow. Maybe it was just the right couple teams. I haven't played a ton of games then just sitting in practice screwing around

One thing I love is that I-form and Strong-I HB Dives work freaking awesome in this game. Just right up the middle, follow your FB and it's a good gain most of the time.

21 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There was one game where lead blockers actually looked in front of them (I think it was 2-3 years ago though), but this game is especially bad (or maybe I just haven't played Madden in a year and forgot).

But yeah I'd prefer if defenders just played the blockers better rather than blockers being terrible. Or throw in animations where smaller guys try to avoid the blockers while bigger guys take them on or something. Right now it's just pure garbage.

I don't remember which game either, but I remember that. Well I remember going from that game to the next one and being like "what the hell happened to the blocking"

Archived