Madden 19

MacReady

I see franchise still doesn't account for a QBs rushing ability when simulating games...I tried a Baltimore rebuild cause I figured Jackson could be an electrifying player that would be fun to build around... Set the scheme to spread because it's the only scheme where scrambling QBs are a fit and simmed the games.

He finished the season with 30 rushing yards ?

Remember back when you could sim with running QBs and they'd actually.. You know... Get some rushing yards? The old days where Vick would rush for nearly 1,000 yards a season...

I even tried upping Jackson's rushing ability even more... Put his speed up to 95, acceleration up to 97, agility up to 99, elusiveness, spin, and juke all up to 90 and break sack up to 95.... No effect whatever...QBs simply do not run when you sim the games.

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

He finished the season with 30 rushing yards

This is all over the place too. I've read it a bunch. I think one guy said he had 3 runs all year, lol, 3....

How is it that far off, crazy.

Just now, Norm said:

This is all over the place too. I've read it a bunch. I think one guy said he had 3 runs all year, lol, 3....

How is it that far off, crazy.

It's particularly ridiculous because running QBs used to be handled well way back when but for the last decade or so Madden just hasn't taken a QBs running ability into account at all making guys like Jackson useless if your simming the games.

He's still fun as hell to play with when your actually playing the games but i always sim when I'm doing franchise rebuilds.

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

lol 5 huh. Other guy was full of **** or got lucky

I’ve gotten decent amounts before from b*tching. But for the most part it’s $5 or just a replacement item. I got two copies of American sniper once lol

5 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I’ve gotten decent amounts before from b*tching. But for the most part it’s $5 or just a replacement item. I got two copies of American sniper once lol

Interesting. I figured they had a more specific policy instead of it being all over the place

35 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It's particularly ridiculous because running QBs used to be handled well way back when but for the last decade or so Madden just hasn't taken a QBs running ability into account at all making guys like Jackson useless if your simming the games.

He's still fun as hell to play with when your actually playing the games but i always sim when I'm doing franchise rebuilds.

I'm no programmer but should having accurate sim stats be a easy fix for EA guys? this has been a problem in madden for years now...

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'm no programmer but should having accurate sim stats be a easy fix for EA guys? this has been a problem in madden for years now...

100% accurate and realistic may be difficult at times because of the natural inconsistency in NFL play but they should be able to at least make them close and believable... The idea that guys like Jackson, Watson, Mariota, etc... Simply never take off and run with it is just ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

100% accurate and realistic may be difficult at times because of the natural inconsistency in NFL play but they should be able to at least make them close and believable... The idea that guys like Jackson, Watson, Mariota, etc... Simply never take off and run with it is just ridiculous.

yeah...not expecting 100 percent accuracy ... that's impossible but some of these trends I've seen over the yrs were headscratchers

passing, rushing and sack stats were always unrealistic to the extreme.. had seasons with 1-3 guys having 30 sacks, only 1-2 quarterbacks throwing 4K and one time I had about 40 running backs rushing for 1,000 yards in one season..half of them averaging over 5 yards a carry... I think last year I had a season with about 15 teams averaging 30 points a game lol

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Neither am I, but surely it is MUCH easier than a lot of the other stuff they've tackled while neglecting sim stats for years. We've got a poster here who runs a sim league in his spare time and it produces far better sim stats than madden lol. 

On 8/11/2018 at 11:38 PM, Dome said:

I strictly play solo franchise.

How's everyone enjoying that aspect of the game? I thought I'd skip Madden this year, but if the changes come as advertised I might be swayed. 

it's exactly the same besides the irrelevant aesthetics of it. no new features. gameplay is worse. system of player improvement is worse. 

Archived