Madden 19

MacReady

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

trying to run the ball against the CPU on All-Madden is literally a joke. I can't believe EA actually markets this trash *** game mode as the default for competitive play.

man it's baffling that for like past 4 years they keep managing to make the gameplay worse and worse lol. i dont get it.

10 hours ago, Norm said:

This is all over the place too. I've read it a bunch. I think one guy said he had 3 runs all year, lol, 3....

How is it that far off, crazy.

Someone posted on here that they had a RB average 3.9 ypc on the season once. His longest rush for the entire season was like five yards. And I think he had almost 1,000 yards. ?

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

trying to run the ball against the CPU on All-Madden is literally a joke. I can't believe EA actually markets this trash *** game mode as the default for competitive play.

+1. 

No, +10. The line play is horrendous and the running backs are slow as hell. 

Also is catching the ball in stride not a thing this year or am I just awful at timing the RAC button?

46 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

+1. 

No, +10. The line play is horrendous and the running backs are slow as hell. 

Also is catching the ball in stride not a thing this year or am I just awful at timing the RAC button?

Any kind of drag or crossing pattern is difficult to run after the catch, because of the new RPM.  You can't turn upfield.  It's better if you keep the guy moving horizontally,  and then round off your turn up field.  If you try to plant, and cut 90 degrees, your guy will not be able to change direction quick enough.  

It's also similar to running, where you don't hit turbo, until you are ready to sprint.  

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

Still not sure how running the ball is so hard in this game because it isn't.

On All Madden against the CPU in Franchise Mode, I've found it nearly impossible to run the ball.  In MUT, I've had no problem, but the game is on a lower difficulty setting in MUT.

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

Still not sure how running the ball is so hard in this game because it isn't.

It's just different, so people are still adapting to it.  It took me a few games.  The backside pursuit is really strong, and then some people still want to turbo, as soon as they touch the ball.  Once I started just being patient, and using the precision moves, I started having a lot of success, especially on zones and stretches.  It's actually the most realistic running game I've seen in Madden. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

On All Madden against the CPU in Franchise Mode, I've found it nearly impossible to run the ball.  In MUT, I've had no problem, but the game is on a lower difficulty setting in MUT.

I was getting smashed on All-Madden in Franchise.  I had to go all the way down to rookie, and then build my way back up lol.  I had nothing I could lean on, offensively, to build off of.  I'm back on All-pro now.  Still haven't gotten to the point where I can enjoy All-Madden yet.  This Madden has more of a learning curve than I'm used to for Madden. 

2 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

It's just different, so people are still adapting to it.  It took me a few games.  The backside pursuit is really strong, and then some people still want to turbo, as soon as they touch the ball.  Once I started just being patient, and using the precision moves, I started having a lot of success, especially on zones and stretches.

This is what people are complaining about.  You shouldn't have to game the system and find the two running plays that actually work and just run them over and over.  Running outside is practically impossible from my experience.  You can rush inside, particularly from a strong I formation but that's generally only been effective for me on first and second down.  3 & 1, forget it you aren't running for the first no matter what.  Last year running out of the shotgun was overpowered, now its practically impossible.  

The only runs I've found to be effective are stretch plays. That's it. And inside zone.

Toss plays? your lead blockers don't block the MLB right in front of them.

Trap plays? DT destroys your wham blocker.

HB Dive? DT's all blockshed before you even hit the hole

Read option? DE crashes down and plays both the RB and QB

Triple option? Everyone block sheds.

Any other inside run? Everyone block sheds.

Not to mention the CPU will literally just call the perfect counter to your run play every single time when you're in a game against it.

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The only runs I've found to be effective are stretch plays. That's it. And inside zone.

Toss plays? your lead blockers don't block the MLB right in front of them.

Trap plays? DT destroys your wham blocker.

HB Dive? DT's all blockshed before you even hit the hole

Read option? DE crashes down and plays both the RB and QB

Triple option? Everyone block sheds.

Any other inside run? Everyone block sheds.

Not to mention the CPU will literally just call the perfect counter to your run play every single time when you're in a game against it.

tbh that's essentially been my experience after just a few games but I also struggled in 18 for a while until I got the hang of how the RBs 'feel' and accelerate.

Archived