Final Pre-Combine Mock Draft 2 Rounds.

Mockortalk

Edmunds is a very popular pick for the 49ers and will become more so with the Foster situation.  I  don't love the idea yet, but I would totally understand it. 

Not a huge fan of Dorance Armstrong in the second. I just dont' think that he's big enough to set an edge out of a 4-3 defense and figures to get manhandled by tackles when he's coming from a stance. He wouldn't be a stand up rush linebacker for us because we don't run a 3-4. 

25 minutes ago, Mockortalk said:

Not going to lie I felt very comfortable with the Titans taking Ogbonnia Okoronkwo in the 2nd so glad to hear you say that. Do you think they would spend a 1st Round pick on a RB? 

I doubt it but they’re going to need a RB regardless. I’m not sure how Henry will fit into a zone-blocking scheme. His vision is exactly good and if you’re a RB with no vision in a zone-scheme, you’re screwed. Robinson comes from the Patriots school so I doubt RB will be valued at a 1st round level.  I think they target defense heavily this offseason and likely find a mid-round RB.

1 hour ago, Mockortalk said:

Thanks for the input, your guys 2nd Round pick was hard for me so that helps a lot. In the 2nd Round I had 

1. Billy Price OSU

2. James Daniels IOWA

off the board. My next centers are...

3. Mason Cole MICH

4. Frank Ragnow ARK

5. Will Clapp LSU

6. Scott Quessenberry UCLA

I feel 1 if not all of those guys will be there for you guys in the 3rd Rd. What do you think?

I like Ragnow more than Cole as a pure center, but Cole is right there.  Either would be good picks.  If somehow one also slipped to the comp third round level, I wouldn't hesitate to take both.

1 hour ago, Mockortalk said:

I thunk the bills definitely take a center in round one because they need him to play right away. .

They don't need a center, that's a media narrative unfortunately who don't know the roster. They already have Ryan Groy who played very well when Wood was out and was kept as a center even when cost them a reasonable amount of money. Interior O line is a big need though, but it's more an issue at Guard where Ducasse is weak and Incognito old. Price fits although he wouldn't play center, I think Hernandez fits better but Price is not out the question

3 hours ago, Mockortalk said:

Hey thanks for the input, I knew you guys needed a DT but didn’t realize the need was that extent. Do you have a list of your top 5 DT?

mine. 

1. Vita Vea WASH

2. Maurice Hurst MICH

3. Da’Ron Payne ALA

4. Taven Bryan UF

5. BJ Hill NCST ( although I don’t think he will be drafted higher than Harrison Phillips. )

Swap Hurst to 3 and Payne to 2 and you pretty much nailed it for my list exactly right lol.  Even with the hill over Phillips one which is impressive not many people have him that high but i think Hill is pretty good.

First off Welcome to the boards! 

Secondly for Cleveland - Darnold is the pick at #1. As for #4 Fitz is not worth the pick. He is a safety not a lock down CB. Especially if Barkley is available. 

In the 2nd round give me a combo of either Oliver/Davis at CB and James Washington or Kolton Miller at the #33 and #35. 

Guice would be a good value at #33 if we pass on Barkley but if we are going to pick a RB, pick the best one in the draft. 

As for center, our interior O-line is set. With Big Joe Thomas coming back from injury, we have a ???? at OT. We are going to need to select either a solid RT (that position could be better) or draft the heir apparent at LT. Heck I'd even consider trading #33 and #64 to move back into the first and take McGlinchey. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

#1--Sam Darnold is the perfect pick.

#4--No. We don't need Minkah Fitzpatrick on our team. We need a true FS so we can move Peppers over to SS or the nickel. Fitzpatrick plays SS/Nickel. Bad pick that doesn't make any sense with Saquon Barkley on the board. Saquon needs to be the pick and I guarantee you we'd sprint to the podium with that card in this scenario.

2nd--Derrius Guice was a nice recovery for missing out on Barkley, but he's still nowhere near as talented as Saquon. I'd be ok with this, but again, missing out on Saquon is a major fail.

2nd--James Daniels? He's good and we could use a slight upgrade at C, but it's like our 18th most pressing need and we have a good line already. No thanks.

2nd--Tyquan Lewis isn't very good. He's a 1-dimensional pass rusher that wins with bully moves. I'd prefer someone else.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Edmunds is a very popular pick for the 49ers and will become more so with the Foster situation.  I  don't love the idea yet, but I would totally understand it. 

Not a huge fan of Dorance Armstrong in the second. I just dont' think that he's big enough to set an edge out of a 4-3 defense and figures to get manhandled by tackles when he's coming from a stance. He wouldn't be a stand up rush linebacker for us because we don't run a 3-4. 

The thing with Edmunds is he is only 19 years old and has rare traits being a 6’5 245lb linebacker who can play will, mike, or Sam. He can can rush the passer and isn’t a liability in coverage. And Dorrance Armstrong in the 2nd, I actually think he can play the LEO in our defense. He might need to add 10 pounds but his size reminds me of Cliff Avril from the Seahawks. Ideally I would love for the 49ers to trade down, especially if buffalo wants to deal there 2 1sts to come up and get a QB. At picks 21, 22 we could be looking at guys like Marcus Davenport or Harold Landry to play LEO, and also adding another starting caliber player like Ronald Jones RB USC, Isaiah Wynn G UGA, or Courtland Sutton WR SMU. 

Ok to all Browns fans since all of you said the same thing I’m going to reply in bulk. I’m not an expert on the team so I appreciate the input so I can update accordingly. With that being said the Browns are trying to shop #4 pick which means they’re willing to pass on Saquon. Minkah will be drafted to play CB not safety just like Jalen Ramsey and John Dorsey clearly values Defense over offense. They could very well take Saquon but I think they will take Minkah if they don’t trade out and sit at the top of the 2nd Round to take Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, Sony Michel, or Kerryon Johnson whichever running back they like. 

I'd be pretty surprised if the Titans went WR in the first few rounds. I'd think they'd go DB, Edge guy, LB, or interior OL. 

I really like the value of Okoronkwo in the second. I've seen him mocked to us in the first. 

Honestly wouldn't hate this draft from the Titans, but I think they go another direction in the first. 

Love the multi round mocks, good work.

6 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Swap Hurst to 3 and Payne to 2 and you pretty much nailed it for my list exactly right lol.  Even with the hill over Phillips one which is impressive not many people have him that high but i think Hill is pretty good.

Lol yeah Bj Hill is a beast I don’t know why he isn’t being talked about more. Even Justin jones NCST as well although he is going to go on day 3. The DT position is loaded this year. You can potentially get starters on day 3. What about CBs what’s your top 5?

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick ALA

2. Denzel Ward OSU

3. Josh Jackson IOWA

4. Dj Reed KSU

5. Mike Hughes UCF

6. Carlton Davis AUB

7. Nick Nelson WISC

8. Jaire Alexander LOU

9. Tavarus McFadden FSU

10. Kameron Kelly SDSU

I was trying to put Isaiah Oliver and Donte Jackson in my top 10 but I couldn’t, I think they’re both good but with Oliver there is nothing special with him and for Jackson I keep hearing he will test off the charts but I think that is the only reason people like him so much. He is too inconsistent and gets beat a lot. I don’t really like any of the LSU corners although if my 49ers draft one of them, the fan in me will find something to like about them. Lol

1 hour ago, Overwhelming Underdog said:

I'd be pretty surprised if the Titans went WR in the first few rounds. I'd think they'd go DB, Edge guy, LB, or interior OL. 

I really like the value of Okoronkwo in the second. I've seen him mocked to us in the first. 

Honestly wouldn't hate this draft from the Titans, but I think they go another direction in the first. 

Love the multi round mocks, good work.

Yeah I really like Okoronkwo myself and would love the 49ers to get him in round 2 but I don’t think he will be there. I don’t think he will go Round 1 because his Height, sadly NFL teams miss out on really good talent because they think all Pass Rushers should look like Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett. I think he is going to out perform where he gets drafted. 

Archived