Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

How Philly has an established “winning culture” or, as you put it, “place where players really enjoy playing at” anymore than the Rams is stupid.

we-are-the-champions-eagles-superbowl-an

Now, you just set yourself up for that one

4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

SMH. Ya'll are too US-centric. Travel a little bit.

I hope this is a joke.

You could travel the entire rest of the world and assemble the best 53 players you could find and the Eagles would still romp them by 30+ points.

Eagles 52

Rest of World 10

This has nothing to do with patriotism or being too US-centric. I feel like you were joking, but then again, there are some strange takes out there.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

You seem to know a lot about the in’s and out’s of two NFL locker rooms...

@BAConrad‘s post was bad, all the way around. How Philly has an established “winning culture” or, as you put it, “place where players really enjoy playing at” anymore than the Rams is stupid. Both teams have enjoyed a single year of success with their current regimes (Eagles obviously went further), so talking about locker room culture is pompous and hypocritical.

You call my post bad but then you go and try and downplay an incredible Superbowl winning season to the Rams' one and done and say that they both have "enjoyed a year of similar success (but uh like Eagles had just a TINY LITTLE WEENCY BIT of success doe)".

Yeah ok buddy. 

Over/under on when the dog masks come back out in Philly?  I'm saying about Week 8.   ;)

Only because it has historically been pretty tough to repeat as Super Bowl Champs.  The Eagles do have a great team that looks to have gotten even better during free agency.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Over/under on when the dog masks come back out in Philly?  I'm saying about Week 8.   ;)

Only because it has historically been pretty tough to repeat as Super Bowl Champs.  The Eagles do have a great team that looks to have gotten even better during free agency.

I just dont see how anyone in their right mind can say that the Rams, right now, are going to be better than us. Or on the same level. They were a young jumpstart team that has yet to prove that they're more than just a fluke. If they had made some noise in the post season, Id be saying otherwise.

The Vikings are the only NFC team IMO that are on Philly's level. Those two teams should absolutely be the two top squads in the conference in 2018. 

12 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I just dont see how anyone in their right mind can say that the Rams, right now, are going to be better than us. Or on the same level. They were a young jumpstart team that has yet to prove that they're more than just a fluke. If they had made some noise in the post season, Id be saying otherwise.

The Vikings are the only NFC team IMO that are on Philly's level. Those two teams should absolutely be the two top squads in the conference in 2018. 

Like the Eagles made noise before 2017?

Listen, I picked the Eagles each game in the NFC playoffs, and took them to win the SB, but if anyone thinks there's a sizeable gap between the Eagles over the Rams right now, all I can say to them is "how's the weather in Philly today?"

I don't know who's coming out of the NFC, but for someone to put any 1 team as way higher than each other out of PHI, MIN & LAR (and I'd be tempted to include NO in there) they are kidding themselves.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

I'm hoping you're right, but things can always change.  Injuries, fluke plays, etc. can always influence how things turn out.  One thing I'm starting to think is that the Patriots' run may be over in the AFC.  It seems like there are issues between Belichick and Brady/Kraft.  Maybe things are being overblown or maybe they will be able to patch things up if there are issues, but Brady isn't getting any younger either.  We all saw how quickly Peyton Manning declined like he had fallen off a cliff.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

You seem to know a lot about the in’s and out’s of two NFL locker rooms...

@BAConrad‘s post was bad, all the way around. How Philly has an established “winning culture” or, as you put it, “place where players really enjoy playing at” anymore than the Rams is stupid. Both teams have enjoyed a single year of success with their current regimes (Eagles obviously went further), so talking about locker room culture is pompous and hypocritical.

Or you just hear the stories about how closely knit this team. Small stories coming out seemingly every week that express how close it is.

The Vikings only ? mark is whether or not Kirk Cousins is going to be able to have more of an impact on the Vikes than 2017 version of Keenum would. 

As someone who has seen Kirk twice a year for years, I think hes absolutely a top 10 QB. However, Keenum did play like a top 10 QB in 2017 though. So I think really it comes down to the Vikings having a higher floor with Kirk because he isnt some one year wonder like Keenum (which he is until he proves otherwise in Denver). 

The Eagles will be getting back their entire core of the 2017 championship squad, minus 3 guys in Burton, Robinson, and Curry. All of whom were rotational players except PRob who was basically a starter in the slot. Plus the fact that we have Carson coming back, and with Foles, the luxury of not needing to rush him back at all since we already know what Foles can do in this offense (just ask the two best defensive minds in football: BB and Zimmer).  

The Rams look on the upswing. Sure. Absolutely. But they have far more question marks and holes than either of the aforementioned teams. Like their complete lack of a front 7. Unless you think Donald and Brockers with a bunch of JAGs is some sort of awesome unit. But I dont.  Because as great as he is,Donald is one player. You need depth up front. Bodies to throw and throw at the opposing OL. The Eagles showed just how important it is to have 4 or 5 guys who can rush the QB. Because when you put 5 guys out there on DL, the opponents OL is losing 10/10 times. Their weakest link is going to have to try and block the other teams best player, as you cant double team anyone. 

It isnt gonna matter who the Rams have in the defensive back field if they cant consistently get pressure. And as of now, they absolutely do not look like they will be able to. Even with the draft, they wont be able to fill those holes at their edge rushing spots. Or their depth. Or their linebackers. All I see on that defense is Donald and Brockers plus Peters, Talib (whose been progressively worse each of last 2 seasons and could hit a wall any day), Joyner, and Roby (didnt name Shields bc he is washed up and will be lucky to have any sort of positive impact on that team. And this is coming from someone who knows Sam personally and has hung out with him, so I genuinely root for the guy).

So when people keep saying that the Rams defense is going to be some elite unit I cant help but just laugh. Theyre so damn similar to that 2011 Eagles unit. Its eery. Donald is incredible but be cant carry an entire pass rush. And they have to be able to be a great pass rushing team if they want to make any serious run..

Archived