1st stab at a 2018 Mock -2-15

sandyf

16 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

As also a Jags fan after the Falcons im with you on this as well no team should ever give a 1st or 2nd round pick for Eli as the man isn't that impressive at all and i wouldn't give a 3rd for him at best maybe a 4th but i would rather stay with Bortles than go with Eli for the much money + giving up a pick. 

Plus how much longer is he playing? Is 1-2 years of any QB worth a 1st? Let alone Eli?

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

maybe Tom Brady but thats all i can think of cuz well its Brady. maybe rodgers and Brees as well. 

Even then if it's only 1 o 2 years im not giving a 1st for that i just couldn't do it when i could possibly get the next tom brady or rodgers for the next 15 yrs i'll take that chance over 1 or 2 years.    Theirs no chance i give a 1st for Eli right now even if he had 5 yrs left xD

On 15/02/2018 at 10:38 PM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’d puke if that’s who the Bills traded up and used all of that equity for Josh Allen. Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield and is understand (prefer Baker) but if we traded that much for Allen, or Lamar Jackson I’d freak the f out.

Same he's got arguably the biggest ceiling but he also has the highest bust probability imo

8 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Even then if it's only 1 o 2 years im not giving a 1st for that i just couldn't do it when i could possibly get the next tom brady or rodgers for the next 15 yrs i'll take that chance over 1 or 2 years.    Theirs no chance i give a 1st for Eli right now even if he had 5 yrs left xD

i probably would depending where the 1st round pick was located.  tom brady with this team = Undefeated Superbowl Champs

On 2/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, sandyf said:

#20—Detroit Lions—Marcus Davenport/OLB/UTSA

#23—Los Angeles Rams—Mike Hughes/CB/Central Florida

#24—Carolina Panthers—Rashaan Evans/LB/Alabama

#26—Atlanta Falcons—Jaire Alexander/CB/Louisville

#30—Minnesota Vikings—Da’Ron Payne/DT/Alabama

#31—New England Patriots—Arden Key/DE/LSU

Marcus Davenport was uninspiring at the Senior Bowl, which is the only time I've seen him, tbh.

NT and Edge Rusher are the greatest needs, but I don't think Davenport's value is worth a 1st rounder.

I would say the next guys I left in from the rest of your 1st round would be better values as players. Though I don't think we really need cb all that badly, it is still a need. 

Arden Key has something to prove, so I'm not 100% on him, but if he is healthy and able to provide something at the combine he makes the most sense as the most likely pass rusher to come off the board.

Frankly, I'm iffy on fits for the talents available at #20, but I know that I think Davenport is short of being a1st round pick. Hughes & Alexander would be upgrades at the boundary corner position. And Evans would be a very strong contender to start in the middle next to Davis. Payne may be the guy they end up liking, but I am not totally convinced, yet. Maybe his combine will do that for me. But  imo a guy like NT Tim Settle could really come on strong and push his way up and be viewed as a safer pick by Quinn. 

Archived