Texans to release Brian Cushing

ET80

4 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

For some reason, I agree. Injury prone, and hasn't shown a semblance of improvement in his game since coming into the league. He flashes like he did in College based on physical gifts alone, but at a much slower rate against NFL caliber players....

then you clearly havent watched him in the nfl. 

11 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

For some reason, I agree. Injury prone, and hasn't shown a semblance of improvement in his game since coming into the league. He flashes like he did in College based on physical gifts alone, but at a much slower rate against NFL caliber players....

... huh?

We talking about Clowney here? Hasn't improved? I'll give you injury prone (never mind he started 16 games this season, one of only two Texans LBs to do so this season) but if you're thinking he hasn't improved over the past two seasons, you're being pretty lazy in terms of evaluation. You're looking at sack numbers and immediately thinking that's the end-all-be-all of his impact.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

God I would absolutely hate it if we signed this tumor surviving loser to the team.

Makes sense, given the presence of Vrabel in Tennessee. Team captain during Vrabel's tenure in Houston, the one person Vrabel leaned on to lead the young group of LBs during his time as the position coach...

I'm thinking it's a big possibility, and I couldn't be happier. :D

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Makes sense, given the presence of Vrabel in Tennessee. Team captain during Vrabel's tenure in Houston, the one person Vrabel leaned on to lead the young group of LBs during his time as the position coach...

I'm thinking it's a big possibility, and I couldn't be happier. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5740238

I would really not like us to waste cap space on him. If there's one thing we are relatively set at, it's veteran leadership at linebacker. So hopefully that will be enough to pass on Cushing.

On 19/02/2018 at 12:20 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

He's been kinda an enigma to me his whole career. At times he would look fantastic and at times he would be really really bad. And added to that, the cheating stuff.

I would imagine there's a strong correlation to the NFL drug testing schedule and Cushings performances. 

Gotta love a nutcase. 

Archived