Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I'm really not offended. Other than that its all true stories. Except the warts on my feet. I do have moles and skin tags I get removed from time to time in case you still wanted to be grossed out.

I lost both my parents to cancer.

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want Taven Bryan from Florida now.

If we land Matheiu, draft Chubb at 4 and have the most monsterous and athletic d-line in the nfl next year.

Watching the Combine, I heard JJ Watt comparisons. That’s lofty.

Does he have that sort of style to his game?

21 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Watching the Combine, I heard JJ Watt comparisons. That’s lofty.

Does he have that sort of style to his game?

I would say he's more of a UT version of Ziggy Ansah. Rare athletic ability with very little football experience. His ceiling is very high.

oddly enough I had him in my mock draft in the second after we traded Shelton away (albeit for Jarvis Landry). I'd be ecstatic if we drafted him.

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

With each and every passing day I think more and more that Mayfield could actually be the guy.

I would be fine with that. have him start out as the back up and when he is ready, play him. I think him and Tyrod have a similar style of play, so the transition period wouldnt be that big of a difference IMO. I think think its Darnold. I think Tyrod will play the entire year and I think Darnold would benefit the most sitting for a season before he is the starter in '19

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I would be fine with that. have him start out as the back up and when he is ready, play him. I think him and Tyrod have a similar style of play, so the transition period wouldnt be that big of a difference IMO. I think think its Darnold. I think Tyrod will play the entire year and I think Darnold would benefit the most sitting for a season before he is the starter in '19

I don’t think style of play will have anything to do with who they take tbh. 

Mayfield, Allen and Darnold are all athletic enough to incorporate some similar concept to the offense you run with Taylor.

Theyre gonna take the guy they think is the best, and Tyrod just gives them a viable bridge QB.

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think style of play will have anything to do with who they take tbh. 

Mayfield, Allen and Darnold are all athletic enough to incorporate some similar concept to the offense you run with Taylor.

Theyre gonna take the guy they think is the best, and Tyrod just gives them a viable bridge QB.

true. I just thought McCarron would of been their QB. I think he fits more of the mold of a Haley QB than Taylor. So them trading for Taylor has really thrown me off.

With KC, Alex Smith and Reid made sense. Im still confused of Haley and Tyrod. Im intrigued with what the offense would look like. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

true. I just thought McCarron would of been their QB. I think he fits more of the mold of a Haley QB than Taylor. So them trading for Taylor has really thrown me off.

With KC, Alex Smith and Reid made sense. Im still confused of Haley and Tyrod. Im intrigued with what the offense would look like. 

McCarron has a choice as to where he plays though.  I can’t help but think that everyone assuming we’re taking a QB at 1 is killing our appeal with free agents. I mean, what 26 year old QB wants a one year gig?

Dorsey gave the coaches a QB who doesn’t fit their schemes and who is proven to be competent.  If Hue fails, Dorsey cleans house and hires his guy.  The coaches need to actually coach the talent provided them this year, unlike last year.

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

Never going to happen, Darnold will start games 7 or 8 and finish the season as our starter. This is how decent teams break in new QB's, see: Trubisky and it works quite well!

Believe me, after a couple of loses, the fans will be screaming for Darnold and he will be lucky to get 7 games on the bench.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:15 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

McCarron has a choice as to where he plays though.  I can’t help but think that everyone assuming we’re taking a QB at 1 is killing our appeal with free agents. I mean, what 26 year old QB wants a one year gig?

Dorsey gave the coaches a QB who doesn’t fit their schemes and who is proven to be competent.  If Hue fails, Dorsey cleans house and hires his guy.  The coaches need to actually coach the talent provided them this year, unlike last year.

Let's hope, the losses cause Haslam to fire Hue, because I doubt Dorsey has the authority, but you are right on, the sooner Hue goes and Dorsey hires his own guy, the better the franchise will be, because they will finally all be on the same page except maybe, the new HC will not like his OC and/or his DC and they will both have to go as well and I am just not sure Haslam understands that someone besides himself, has to be in control of the whole organization.

Thinking about Haslam just gives me a headache, he is so incompetent, that our GM  must work around him and pray he does not screw up what Dorsey is trying to build. He already has Dorsey with his hands tied behind his back by retaining Hue and who knows what else he might do to again destroy the team!!!

Archived