Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How can you take a guy who couldnt even dominate D8 level competition and had 3 games under 100 passing yards who is also the most inaccurate passer of the top 4 at #1 overall.

Exactly. Dorsey is surely not that stupid. An arm that can throw it to the moon and being the tallest guy of the group better not be all it takes to sway him!

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How can you take a guy who couldnt even dominate D8 level competition and had 3 games under 100 passing yards who is also the most inaccurate passer of the top 4 at #1 overall.

Hey, we are the Browns.

We have taken suck selections to an art form.

That having been said, if there is anything to this smoke my guess is that it is to pump up Allen to be the apple of some other team's eye in a trade-down from #4, 5, 6 or wherever we end up.

8 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Exactly. Dorsey is surely not that stupid. An arm that can throw it to the moon and being the tallest guy of the group better not be all it takes to sway him!

I just cant get Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler out of my head when I look at Allen. All the physical talent in the world but never amounted to anything because they didnt have it from the neck up to be NFL starters. It will be more of the same with Josh Allen.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Hey, we are the Browns.

We have taken suck selections to an art form.

That having been said, if there is anything to this smoke my guess is that it is to pump up Allen to be the apple of some other team's eye in a trade-down from #4, 5, 6 or wherever we end up.

It seems to me they always taken guys who are extremes. Get fascinated because of athleticism but never take into account the mental makeup of a player.

EX: Justin Gilbert, Barkevious Mingo, Johnny Manziel, Corey Coleman. Allen would fall right into that category.  

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

It seems to me they always taken guys who are extremes. Get fascinated because of athleticism but never take into account the mental makeup of a player.

EX: Justin Gilbert, Barkevious Mingo, Johnny Manziel. Allen would fall right into that category.  

It would.

But there is a new "they" in town.

The only way this would happen is if the new "they", i.e., Dorsey, et al., somehow became as dumb as their predecessors, or if Hueball somehow influenced Haslam -- he does have some magic left in him, you know -- to push for the putz.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

It would.

But there is a new "they" in town.

The only way this would happen is if the new "they", i.e., Dorsey, et al., somehow became as dumb as their predecessors, or if Hueball somehow influenced Haslam -- he does have some magic left in him, you know -- to push for the putz.

Agreed. But I would like to think somebody withing the organization like Andrew Berry would step up and say "listen, lets look back at the last few drafts and see where we can identify what went wrong and why these guys didnt pan out. Find a common denominator." Then point to the fact that they favored athletes over mental makeup and dont make that mistake again.

Alright y'all, I got somethin to calm the nerves. Check out this article from Dorsey's KC days:

Finally, this season is all about smokescreens. Teams attempting to make other teams nervous about whether their player of choice will be there. Some teams play the game really well and others not so much. Because Quarterback is the key position in all of football, it has always played a roll in getting teams nervous in the draft. Teams will both overthink and underthink this position when it comes to rumors. Under John Dorsey and Andy Reid, Kansas City has been the master of the QB smokescreen. Both in 2014 and 2016, rumors abounded that KC was interested in various QBs. In 2014, oddly enough it was Johnny Manziel and not Derek Carr, who it leaked KC might be interested in.

Source: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/4/15/15312802/2017-chiefs-draft-visits

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Oliver has superstar talent

No way man... no way at all... He has superstar size for CB maybe...

His film is really inconsistent man I'm telling you...the only superstar CBs in this draft are Mike Hughes and Denzel Ward...

Xavien Howard at Baylor was a completely different athlete... he was stronger and powerful in press. He played like a tank at CB...he located the ball well... didn't panic as much as Oliver...

Oliver is finesse all day... and I'm willing to bet Dorsey doesn't have a high grade on Oliver relative to those other CBs I mentioned as being better than him imo...

We shall see... cool thing is... I could be wrong and you could be right... I just don't see it based on Oliver's play...

lol, we're not drafting Allen at 1.  

One can only hope the Jets are stupid enough to want him and deal us pick 3 and their 2019 1st for him, and our guy all alone was Rosen, so we get a future 1st for free.  

We can trade out of the 1st round entirely which would be 100x better than drafting Allen

Mary Kay:

“In fact, no matter how much I try to talk myself out of Allen because of the 56.2 completion percentage at Wyoming, I can't help but like him and would probably take him No. 1 if the draft were tomorrow. But I just don't know if the Browns will pull the trigger on him at No. 1 with the accuracy concerns. It seems to me they'll opt for Darnold, who has natural accuracy and anticipation.”

So even though she thinks Sam has natural accuracy and anticipation, she would take the guy with the 56% completion that she acknowledges has accuracy concerns.

LOL. I bet it’s because Josh Allen is probably the best looking of the group.

Archived