Off-season/draft day trades

NudeTayne

Schobert's real value.   

21 members have voted

1. 1. If we can get 2nd round value for Schobert, do we flip him?

• No. He's already a Pro Bowler and will continue to improve. He's just a child!
    • Yes. Let's flip him before the rest of the league figures out his favorite USA Network program is JAG.

8 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

If we draft say, Sam Darnold, and assume he's at least as good as Mahomes. Hit on some of the other great picks we have in this draft, spend some of that cap space and I personally think we have a better future than the Chiefs. One that may even have a solid chance of proving real success. Like all the way, contending for championships type of success.

That's crazy talk.

I agree.

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He and Gregg Williams could be fun to watch.

That probably wouldn't work, Peters is from the hood (Oakland) and Williams is just short of a drill sergeant. They have to have some sort of a middle ground. 

Also, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Eli Apple, Gregg Williams might be just what he needs. If he feels he could get something out of him, I would do it in a heartbeat. On top of taking a corner with a premium pick.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That probably wouldn't work, Peters is from the hood (Oakland) and Williams is just short of a drill sergeant. They have to have some sort of a middle ground. 

I know, that’s what would be fun.  Williams continuing to brag about how he’s everyones father figure and Peters punching him in the face.... (from what I’ve seen of Williams he looks like a ball bag imo)

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Also, I wouldn't turn my nose up at Eli Apple, Gregg Williams might be just what he needs. If he feels he could get something out of him, I would do it in a heartbeat. On top of taking a corner with a premium pick.

Idk... unlike Peters, who’s actually shown he can play, Apple has only shown he can be a PIA.

As I’ve said previously, I’d bring him in on the vet min and cut him the first time he gives someone the side eye. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I know, that’s what would be fun.  Williams continuing to brag about how he’s everyones father figure and Peters punching him in the face.... (from what I’ve seen of Williams he looks like a ball bag imo)

Idk... unlike Peters, who’s actually shown he can play, Apple has only shown he can be a PIA.

As I’ve said previously, I’d bring him in on the vet min and cut him the first time he gives someone the side eye. 

I would pick up Apple if it's cheap enough. I doubt he is cut but could be wrong. If we can toss our late fourth or even fifth, I'd take the risk. We can't turn our backs on fallen buckeyes. 

Oh, and I'm losing my ship over Peters not being traded to us. At least that means Trumaine likely walks. Ugh.

Keep Schobert. No sense in trading away talented players when we are already suffering from a talent shortage.

I am hoping we can get Malcolm Jenkins from the Eagles relatively cheap. He is an underrated all around FS. Would be a great veteran leader and the Eagles need to move some money to keep the young core together.

I hate Aqib Talib as a person but I wouldnt mind tossing a lower draft pick to the Broncos to get him before they cut him. He can give us 1 year while a draft pick develops.

This scenario also involves signing one of the CBs on the market. Ideally Kyle Fuller

27 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

I hate Aqib Talib as a person but I wouldnt mind tossing a lower draft pick to the Broncos to get him before they cut him. He can give us 1 year while a draft pick develops.

This scenario also involves signing one of the CBs on the market. Ideally Kyle Fuller

This would be a good use of a lower round pick.

And getting Fuller would be the CB cherry on the sundae.

On 2/22/2018 at 11:19 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Apple was getting all I’m taking my ball and going home with spags...... can you imagine him with Williams he might legitimately cry right there on the field

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Apple was getting all I’m taking my ball and going home with spags...... can you imagine him with Williams he might legitimately cry right there on the field

I get it, but I am looking at it from the perspective of our CBs are either old or overrated, and is the worst position of our defense. I am not an Apple fan but recognize that he could be a cheap lottery ticket with a high upside. He has size, length, and excels in press man amongst other issues, I would drop a 5th round pick to take a flyer on a guy like that in a heartbeat, and this is in addition to signing a big name FA like Trumaine Johnson. What's the worst that can happen? we get rid of a guy we used a low round pick on if he doesn't work out, or he could take advantage of a fresh start with a new team and become a really good #2 corner. I know what happened in NY but i'm looking at it as potential, which is what he has. We were 0-16, we cant be afraid to take chances, just think about the how our CB room would look if that were to work out, two 6-1 + corners with length and can press.

I also thought this was interesting,

NFL Comparison:

Trumaine Johnson

Did Apple ever have any issues at OSU?  I don’t recall any.

It just seems odd for him to go from a “good kid” to a head case almost overnight.

Maybe that NY locker room or city or whatever wasn’t right for him, maybe he’d do better elsewhere. But when teammates refer to you as a cancer....

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Did Apple ever have any issues at OSU?  I don’t recall any.

It just seems odd for him to go from a “good kid” to a head case almost overnight.

Maybe that NY locker room or city or whatever wasn’t right for him, maybe he’d do better elsewhere. But when teammates refer to you as a cancer....

His only flaw IMO is he is a mama's boy (and that isn't really a flaw) and got teased for it, not one single issue at OSU.

Archived