The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

4 hours ago, devils1854 said:

All you do is deflect.

You tried to say that Tennessee, Florida, and Florida State will be a problem in Georgia going forward, and I made the point that Kirby has already shown in his three classes here that he isnt restrained to the south for recruiting, and all you do is try to make a joke.

Lets be real, you hate Georgia and will not give them any credit. Its true. People can go to thread to thread and see your posts. Im not going to change your mind. We will just have to see it on the field. 

That's an interesting take on what I wrote. It's complete fiction, but it's a nice try. Let's set the record straight:

12 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Well, also there were two other QBs in the top 10 that we werent taking, and Kirby was looking out of state for a lot for talent. Look to next year. The talent in state is insane, and Kirby will pretty much get what he wants.  Georgia already has the #1 and #3 players. #2 has long been thought of as either a silent/or will be committing soon. #6, 7, and 8 are all thought of as Georgia guys right now, and thats over a year out. Id expect 13-14 of the top 20 to commit to Georgia next year. 

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. UF, FSU, and Tennessee all have new coaches and will be coming hard.

I warned you that things could change because UF, FSU, and Tennessee will be getting into the race and are not hamstrung this year. My point was quite reasonable. These kids aren't going to sign for at least a year. To this point, those three programs have not been a real factor in their recruitment. You shouldn't start counting them as UGA commits (if UGA wants them) this far out. Things can change.

Yes, people can see my posts and draw whatever conclusions they will. I think it's quite reasonable to say that UGA's massive class this year was majorly aided by UF, Tennessee, and FSU all turning over their coaching staffs. I think that's a very reasonable point if you're objective about this. Cade Mays would have been a Vol. James Cook would have been a Nole. Fields very well could have been a Gator (had Mullen been hired last year). There are other recruiting battles that also would have happened.

UGA's class is impressive, but it's not unreasonable to point out that they capitalized on an uncharacteristic season. When was the last time that FSU, UF, and Tennessee all turned over their coaching staffs at the same time?

Edited by jrry32

@jrry32

Ill definitely give you Mays. He would be in Knoxville if it wasnt for Butch. Fields? He was a silent back in June, when all staffs were intact. Ive said it before, but he is one of the nicest kids in the nation, and had no problems letting Mullen, Jimbo, and Taggert come to his house for a visit. Never meant he was looking elsewhere. Follow the visits. Cook? He was out the door in Tally before last summer. He didnt want to follow his brother, so I dont see how a coaching change six months later even matters.

Will it be harder with Mullen, Pruitt, and Taggert as head coaches? Who knows, but Kirby is solidly beating Saban, Dabo, and Malzahn for recruits now. I doubt it changes much as long as he keeps winning. Kids absolutely love him, and we have bagmen now. Look at the top 50 kids in Georgia this year. How many has Saban gotten out? One.

We can always go back to the point about Kirby recruiting nationally. He's bringing in kids from areas that Georgia really hasnt gotten kids from before. Even if more players in state head elsewhere, he can still fill out his recruiting classes with big time recruits from other states.

• 2018-24 commits, 311.88, 93.20
  • 2017-26 commits, 301.60, 92.27
  • 2016-23 commits, 281.31, 90.77(Dec 6, 2016 announced as HC, highest recruiting class ever for new coach)

Lets not act like this year has come out of the blue. In the 2 years and 2 weeks that Kirby has been head coach, he has crushed it recruiting, and it looks to be no different next year.

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

@jrry32

Ill definitely give you Mays. He would be in Knoxville if it wasnt for Butch. Fields? He was a silent back in June, when all staffs were intact. Ive said it before, but he is one of the nicest kids in the nation, and had no problems letting Mullen, Jimbo, and Taggert come to his house for a visit. Never meant he was looking elsewhere. Follow the visits. Cook? He was out the door in Tally before last summer. He didnt want to follow his brother, so I dont see how a coaching change six months later even matters.

Will it be harder with Mullen, Pruitt, and Taggert as head coaches? Who knows, but Kirby is solidly beating Saban, Dabo, and Malzahn for recruits now. I doubt it changes much as long as he keeps winning. Kids absolutely love him, and we have bagmen now. Look at the top 50 kids in Georgia this year. How many has Saban gotten out? One.

We can always go back to the point about Kirby recruiting nationally. He's bringing in kids from areas that Georgia really hasnt gotten kids from before. Even if more players in state head elsewhere, he can still fill out his recruiting classes with big time recruits from other states.

• 2018-24 commits, 311.88, 93.20
  • 2017-26 commits, 301.60, 92.27
  • 2016-23 commits, 281.31, 90.77(Dec 6, 2016 announced as HC, highest recruiting class ever for new coach)

Lets not act like this year has come out of the blue. In the 2 years and 2 weeks that Kirby has been head coach, he has crushed it recruiting, and it looks to be no different next year.

That's not consistent with my information on Fields. I have a strong hunch that Taggart and Lockette would have landed Cook if they had time.

JT Daniels to reclassify is really gaining steam, seems as if he’s trying to reclassify to 2018 AND enroll in January which would be insane. Best case scenario for SC is Sam comes back, JT redshirts and then battles Jack Sears in 2019. 

Daniels has nothing to prove in HS, state champ and Gatorade NPOY as a junior. 

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

JT Daniels just made it official on Twitter. He’s reclassified to 2018 AND is enrolling early. Huge get for us. 

Really hope this means hes bringing ASB and Solo along with him. 

Gotta figure he’s right behind Lawrence and Fields even as a junior 

That's a pretty big get for USC. 

247 now has him ranked as the #21 overall player in the 2018 class and the 3rd best QB after Lawrence and Fields.