Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Mud slinging aside... I like the moves we are making. Dorsey has made a few splashy moves and several depth signings. I'm pretty sure we are going to target CB, WR, QB, RB and T in the draft now. I'm fine with that. It is a good draft to find RB, OT, WR, and CBs in the 2nd round. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I called it. Solder to the Giants.

He's overrated anyway. He's 30 and coming off a down year and even then was never any thing special when he actually had to pass protect for any normal amount of time. I'm sure he got away with some holding as well being a Patriot. Unless he as willing to take a 1 year deal I am happy we didn't get him. Prefer to draft or even trade draft assets for a younger better option.

16 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Mud slinging aside... I like the moves we are making. Dorsey has made a few splashy moves and several depth signings. I'm pretty sure we are going to target CB, WR, QB, RB and T in the draft now. I'm fine with that. It is a good draft to find RB, OT, WR, and CBs in the 2nd round. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

This

And I am completely on board with the buffalo that gives them 4 and us 12 and 22 (if not more stuff involved) because the following sounds like the exact right places to take players...

1. QB

12. #1 CB

22. OT (Williams or McGlichney)

33. WR/CB/RB

35. WR/CB/RB

65. WR/CB/RB

3 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

This

And I am completely on board with the buffalo that gives them 4 and us 12 and 22 (if not more stuff involved) because the following sounds like the exact right places to take players...

1. QB

12. #1 CB

22. OT (Williams or McGlichney)

33. WR/CB/RB

35. WR/CB/RB

65. WR/CB/RB

McGlinchey will be gone in the Top 15 but we could trade up for him.

Williams is hot garbage as a OT prospect. Least penalized player in NCAA was such a sham. The guy lunges and grabs on nearly every pass set.

Wouldn't touch a WR before 65. Only Moore and Ridley are even worth Top 45 selections and they will be long gone.

Would want more than #12 and #22. That is not even remotely fair in comparison to the last 4 trade up for franchise QBs and they all moved up from a lot closer in the draft than 12.

11 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

McGlinchey will be gone in the Top 15 but we could trade up for him.

Williams is hot garbage as a OT prospect. Least penalized player in NCAA was such a sham. The guy lunges and grabs on nearly every pass set.

Wouldn't touch a WR before 65. Only Moore and Ridley are even worth Top 45 selections and they will be long gone.

Would want more than #12 and #22. That is not even remotely fair in comparison to the last 4 trade up for franchise QBs and they all moved up from a lot closer in the draft than 12.

Everyone holds, if you can get away with it, more power to you :-P.

I thought he played poorly last year but the year before, when he was 100% and his knee was right, he played much better with more ability to handle speed rushers.

I think he will be a good LT in the NFL.

There's also the possibility of going after someone like McGlinchey at 12 and Jackson at 22.  obviously depends how the draft shakes out.

that being said I don't know what trading to 4 from 12 would cost, but I would at least want 22 in the mix...Honestly though I don't think trading from 12 to 4 requires a ton more than 22.  Looking at trades up to 1 and 2 I see more being gotten for dropping that far down, but from 4 I guess time will tell.  If we could get a kings ransom I would take it but so would the colts and they are in better position....

I dunno, I keep seeing Browns bad combine showing as a blessing in disguise.  IF he falls mid-late 2nd round, I'd grab him and not look back.  Guy didn't allow a single sack last year and he's mammoth - I couldn't care less what his 40 time is, there's nothing about him that a year of an NFL conditioning program couldn't fix.  

QB at one, trade down from #4 a bit for a top CB or Devenport, a RB in round 2 somewhere (lots to choose from) and some secondary promise, and I'm happy.  Oh, and some extra draft capitol so we can grab Nick Bosa next year, and we're set lol

FA-wise, I like what we've done so far.  Word was we tried to trade for Suh before, I'd so love for him to be signed.  Pipe dream perhaps, but I'd love it.  

9 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

Guy didn't allow a single sack last year and he's mammoth -

For sure, but he played with a qb who got rid of the ball quickly and is elusive.  He also didn’t face NFL level pass rushers all that often.

9 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

I couldn't care less what his 40 time is, there's nothing about him that a year of an NFL conditioning program couldn't fix.  

There’s nothing about him a college condition program couldn’t fix either, but it didn’t.  14 reps?  That’s a warmup set.

I don't think we draft an OT now. We've invested a lot in the position and already have 4 guys on the roster that deserve to play in the NFL.

LT: Thomas/Coleman

RT: Hubbard/Johnson

*plus we signed Donald Stephenson to play a swing T role

This isn't the greatest OT class in the world. I'd be totally fine with waiting it out and drafting a LT in 2019 if Shon Coleman doesn't look like he can play there.

Archived