Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

5 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I feel like we’re sogning guys just to sign them. I get not over paying for guys but Fells,Stephenson,Mitchell I mean it just is pointless. Save that money go for Mathieu. Extend duke. Extend Landry. 

Stephenson is just a camp body in my opinion and likely won't make the team.  All of the rest of the players signed are an upgrade to the roster.  Like I mentioned a few days ago, take Mitchell for example, if he is better than the guy that would have been the 53rd man and bumps him off of the roster, then the team is better for it.  I feel like all are except for Stephenson, and possibly Fells.  No real complaints here.  Now let's go kill the draft!

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

Who?  Honestly, I see the Browns just trying to fill out the roster so that they are not locked into any one position because of need and can take BPA all down the line.

I can't imagine that any of these guys are guaranteed a lot of money. They'll at least provide a lot of competition.

TJ Carrie isn't a bad player. He's a 3rd stringer on most teams. It's just weird that we seem to be stockpiling nickel corners.

We have a void at our starting two cornerback spots and then:

____?____   ____?____   Briean Boddy-Calhoun   TJ Carrie   Terrence Mitchell   Jamar Taylor   Howard Wilson

I hope Josh Jackson miraculously falls to pick #33. That'd take care of one corner spot. And then we can grab MJ Stewart at pick #63. Also bring back Jason McCourty who can bounce between being an outside corner and a FS backup.

Archived