Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Considering the draft class at OT, I wouldn’t rule much out. Far easier to find a decent starting OT already on a roster or in FA then doing so in this draft. 

Agree, but not sure it is a necessity.

We didn't perform well with JT in the saddle last year and certainly didn't perform appreciably worse without him.

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

Effing hell

AJ got 2 year 10 mil contract

I wouldve prefered him to Tyrods large contract. 

Same, but honestly I would have liked both, and then draft a later guy.  Oh well, moving on.  AJ will look to break the bank in 2 years, and I think he may just do it.

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

Effing hell

AJ got 2 year 10 mil contract

I wouldve prefered him to Tyrods large contract. 

Tyrod is a perfect bridge QB.

He has shown that he can QB a team to wins.

He hasn't or at least shouldn't have any aspirations of being the guy.

By all accounts a consumate pro who will help his heir apparent.

McCarron got 2/$5 million p/yr. largely due to there really not being a market for him. There was only one chance for him to go somewhere to be a starter left. Buffalo has all the leverage. 

With that said, could be telling that he wasn’t part of the mad rush. Without Tyrod, Cleveland could have easily have come in and gotten him very reasonably. There seems to go a consensus that he’s not at the top of that FA group.

It’s too bad our nerds saved us a 2/3 late last year when our mouth breathing owner/HC decided to try to win meaningless games in desperation. 

45 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I wonder if Dorsey considers trading a pick or two for an established LT

It's possible, but what LTs would be on the market who we would want?

Maybe they plan on moving Coleman over to LT? Who honestly knows at this point?

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

It's possible, but what LTs would be on the market who we would want?

Maybe they plan on moving Coleman over to LT? Who honestly knows at this point?

It’s going to be a training camp battle for sure. May the best man win. There looks to be a few good LTs coming out next year and I’m assuming we’ll have a high pick again next year. We just need someone to hold down the fort for a year and nab him then. Sorry Tyrod, 

however Drango wasn’t exactly crap filling in for big Joe. I think we’re fine until we get our guy. 

13 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Lol I get it Bakers your guy but I do think it’s telling you try to exacerbate Darnolds flaws ?

I am not trying to exacerbate anything, I am simply pointing out real issues.  It may not go along with what you want to hear, that does not make it any less real.  Reality, it can be your friend once you openly embrace it.

Then again, I guess I was exacerbating Kizer's flaws last year too, when one poster put me in their sig in a quote and then said "this dude is gonna look really bad".

2 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Reality, it can be your friend once you openly embrace it.

Reality:

Mayfield is short by NFL QB standards and not a prototype in the Wolf/GB framework.

He also has character concerns, which is another black mark in the same.

The Big 12 hasn't produced any star QBs largely because of the O systems used in that conference that produce inflated stats, like Mayfield's.

He is a punk.

Go place a bet on his being our pick if you are so confident that you are right.

Archived