Marcus Peters traded to Rams

Chiefs_5627

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

He must have been intolerable. Tough to dump a stud cornerback still on his rookie deal. 

The guy is Sonic emotion but I thought Reid and everyone kind of accepted it. He loves Oakland so maybe he told Chiefs that he's not resigning..idk

Depending on what the Rams gave up, I would have looooooved him in Oakland. He loves the Raiders and we need CB in the worst way. I imagine that either the Chiefs got a freaking awesome return, or Peters is an absolute cancer. No way you get rid of elite playmaking CB's on rookie contracts. 

Ps I am really scared of Mahommes. :(

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Depending on what the Rams gave up, I would have looooooved him in Oakland. He loves the Raiders and we need CB in the worst way. I imagine that either the Chiefs got a freaking awesome return, or Peters is an absolute cancer. No way you get rid of elite playmaking CB's on rookie contracts. 

Ps I am really scared of Mahommes. :(

I have to imagine this means they had already decided they weren't planning on retaining him in a year or two. Get more compensation now if you've already decided to let him walk. Still really stings though. Not the most mature or likable guy, but man was he clutch.

I don't think we ever would've traded him in division though. Supposedly Denver was interested, but that just wouldn't have happened.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think we ever would've traded him in division though. Supposedly Denver was interested, but that just wouldn't have happened.

I believe this to be true as well. It'll be a much different Chiefs team than we are all used to. Smith, Peters, Johnson, etc. 

Not necessarily a rebuild, but a re-tooling. 

We better get something good out of this trade. I mean yeah, Peters seems to be an ******* and behave like one, but his production will be incredibly difficult to match. We wouldn't be smart to replace him with Fuller. We need to go out and get another corner.

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

We better get something good out of this trade. I mean yeah, Peters seems to be an ******* and behave like one, but his production will be incredibly difficult to match. We wouldn't be smart to replace him with Fuller. We need to go out and get another corner.

It definitely puts CB back into the draft mix.

knowing we loose a lock down CB  hurts but I agree with moving him now, lets see the compensation.  Reasons I agree.  Protesting, throwing yourself out of a game, penalties, behavior not acceptable, calling out the president on twitter sounding foolish.  List goes on and on.

Archived