Marcus Peters traded to Rams

Chiefs_5627

Just remembered I wrote this about Peters when I did my short roster review back in December:

NOT caring about Marcus Peters: I really hate the attitude he displayed this year. He could develop into a locker room cancer. Wouldn't mind if the Chiefs trade him off. If he returns they better make sure he's got his mindset adjusted.

So blame me. But obviously other teams felt the same.

rumor has it we also gave them a 6th round pick.

I just have to believe this guy is out of control, and basically trading him was the best option.  I am guessing after the suspension the only reason he played good again is because being traded depended on it.  Other teams have to believe he was a high risk player compensation should have been better than this right?

And think of it this way, if Andy Reid looses hope in a player?? That is not a good thing to think about.

Good attitudes and bad can both be contagious.  Cancer removed I guess.

1. Bad attitude

2. Protest.

3. Flags, throwing flags.

4. Rumor, asked for a trade and refused to play for KC

5. Saw video of him not making a play which looked to be on purpose.

As i said in the news thread.

I'm really disappointed, but such a laughable trade tells us a lot about the person Marcus Peters is. We probably can't even imagine how much problems he must have caused, if none of the other 30 teams was willing to offer more.

It was a huge shock when i heard Marcus Peters was traded. Then i had hopes that we got at least a good deal for him, but such a deal doesn't even make me angry.  I just want to move on and forget about it.

I feel for you guys. Like the Rams got a pick for Greg Robinson who was a bust, lacked worth ethic and had zero value. Peters value was tremendous no matter what and all KC got was a bag of magic beans and a thank you (just exaggerating but still). I think KC should’ve ask the Rams for at least their 3rd round pick plus their 2019 2nd round pick that could turn into a 1st round pick based on certain incentives. I think Peters attitude worn out his welcome with KC.

As a Rams fan I’m stoked with this trade because we didn’t give up much to get a very talented player. I’m not used to the Rams making moves to get guys like Watkins and Peters just because the Rams have been in losing mode trying to get better we didn’t felt the need to make these blockbuster moves that a serious contender normally makes. It started with moving up to get Goff in 2016, then hiring McVay in 2017, now Watkins and Peters. The Rams are showing they are going to be here for awhile. 

Good luck to the Chiefs as I really am high on Mahomes. I look forward to the Mexico matchup this upcoming season. Things just got very interesting. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I feel for you guys. Like the Rams got a pick for Greg Robinson who was a bust, lacked worth ethic and had zero value. Peters value was tremendous no matter what and all KC got was a bag of magic beans and a thank you (just exaggerating but still). I think KC should’ve ask the Rams for at least their 3rd round pick plus their 2019 2nd round pick that could turn into a 1st round pick based on certain incentives. I think Peters attitude worn out his welcome with KC.

As a Rams fan I’m stoked with this trade because we didn’t give up much to get a very talented player. I’m not used to the Rams making moves to get guys like Watkins and Peters just because the Rams have been in losing mode trying to get better we didn’t felt the need to make these blockbuster moves that a serious contender normally makes. It started with moving up to get Goff in 2016, then hiring McVay in 2017, now Watkins and Peters. The Rams are showing they are going to be here for awhile. 

Good luck to the Chiefs as I really am high on Mahomes. I look forward to the Mexico matchup this upcoming season. Things just got very interesting. 

Maybe we strike gold on both picks we get.  Fingers crossed.

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think KC should’ve ask the Rams for at least their 3rd round pick plus their 2019 2nd round pick that could turn into a 1st round pick based on certain incentives. I think Peters attitude worn out his welcome with KC.

I'm pretty sure they did, and the answer was plain and simply: No, or please ask someone else ...

3 hours ago, valkrei said:

All of those things would be part of the consideration for sure.  But there are reports Clark wanted him gone.

Hunt is a believer in strength through unity. Peters was an I-bot. There had to have been talk about the financial aspect of his contract. My guess is that hunt stepped in and said, "Take the hit now."

J

Archived