Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

You know, I was thinking about that draft (2017), and it has to be one of the weirder ones I can remember in a while. We somehow completely whiffed on two first round picks, yet got an All pro. We bricked on our hand picked quarterback and running back from our HC in rounds 3 and 4, yet somehow acquired our backup quarterback and running back anyway (Mullens and Breida were UDFAs in this class). 

We also drafted a starting caliber, hopefully ascending corner and a quality role playing wide receiver who can return punts. Like, on the surface, it looks like we failed a lot in this draft, yet when you review the actual output that came from the class (not to mention DJ Jones and Solly still potentially being competent), it's like the weirdest successful draft I have ever seen. You get a starting corner, a back up quarterback, a high quality RB2, an all pro tight end and that's simply a success all told. 

(this was supposed to quote @John232 and his post about CJ / Joe Williams, but somehow I lose the quote when typing the reply) 

• Like 1

Just now, oldman9er said:

was a big Bromley fan back when... that should have been a TD welp

I remember....I'm pretty sure that we took him in FFMD :D I think that was a year that you, I and one other person (can't remember who) were basically the only three that participated. If I recall, we actually had a rather strong draft lol

• Like 1

Just now, John232 said:

Great run by Wilson

I'm still only lukewarm on him. Think he's far too upright, doesn't  have true breakaway speed, but I think he's a solid PS guy, and like I said on the pod, I do like that he's a little different than the other guys. He can push a pile if need be given how hard he runs. The length would work in his favor as well.