Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd definitely take a flier on Pumphery if McK is done for the year...

Honestly, probably not needed. We'd only have three active games running backs anyway. Now it's just going to be Morris, Breida and Mostert rather than McKinnon, etc.  Best hope is maybe that Breida continues to progress

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

And he didn't lie like "trader" trent.

Man, did you ever hear his last interview? It was the last game before he got fired. I'm pretty sure he said, verbatim "I guess I should have valued the QB position higher". 

Gooooood god i'm happy we're past that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

0 receiving skills is a bit extreme 

Fournette clearly the better pro so far

I dunno, he didn't super impress me last year. He was fine. Some of that could have been the team though. He faced a number of loaded boxes. He's probably not a top seven running back to me yet, so a top three pick would have been a lot to give up for him. Given that there were arguably three better running backs in his own draft class ( the asterisk being cook) I'd have much preferred shooting on the upside of Thomas at the more important position. 

Want to see more of fournette before I change my mind on that. Plus there is the question on whether he's the ideal for on what shanny wanted. Obviously a receiver skill set was Paramount to what shanny wanted

2 hours ago, John232 said:

so glad there's an opt out after this year for Mckinnon. 

Honestly, unless he struggles coming back from the injury, probably not a reason to let him go next year. Only counts 4.5 against the cap I think and only save 3 mil BBY letting him go. May as well keep him another year. 

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, unless he struggles coming back from the injury, probably not a reason to let him go next year. Only counts 4.5 against the cap I think and only save 3 mil BBY letting him go. May as well keep him another year. 

Opportunity cost. He also jumps back up to 7 million in his last year, so don't even want to get close to that. 

Waste of money this year. Oh well. not a huge deal, didn't make or break anything..

Just now, John232 said:

Opportunity cost. He also jumps back up to 7 million in his last year, so don't even want to get close to that. 

Waste of money this year. Oh well. not a huge deal, didn't make or break anything..

Yeah, he definitely isn't seeing that third year lol

So with Harbaugh on the hot seat in Michigan and not having anywhere near the impact he was expected to have is it safe to say we might have been screwed even if we kept him over Baalke?

It feels like the base built by McCloughan finally gelled around 2011 and Harbaugh/Baalke got a ton of credit for that.

• Like 1