NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

On 5/5/2022 at 6:33 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Now he just has to prove he can coach and not be another Penny Hardaway, or these classes won't continue.  

Penny's classes at Memphis weren't even close to what Scheyer has done so far at Duke. We just landed two solid transfers as well. We do need another guard though, hopefully Foster reclassifies or we're able to land another recruit.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Penny's classes at Memphis weren't even close to what Scheyer has done so far at Duke. We just landed two solid transfers as well. We do need another guard though, hopefully Foster reclassifies or we're able to land another recruit.

Lol, you talked last year about Memphis having the best class ever.  Having two top 5 recruits is equivalent to what Duke has.  Along with the returning 4 stars he had from the year before. 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lol, you talked last year about Memphis having the best class ever.  Having two top 5 recruits is equivalent to what Duke has.  Along with the returning 4 stars he had from the year before. 

When did I say that they had the best class ever? Landing two top 5 recruits is a feat that has only happened like a handful of times. 

Scheyer has already landed 9 5* recruits before ever coaching a game, I think we'll be alright. 

Duke has #1, #2, and #3 in the 2022 class, I don't think any program in college basketball history has landed the top 3 guys in the same class.

Edited by NYRaider

On 5/7/2022 at 1:32 AM, NYRaider said:

When did I say that they had the best class ever? Landing two top 5 recruits is a feat that has only happened like a handful of times. 

Scheyer has already landed 9 5* recruits before ever coaching a game, I think we'll be alright. 

Duke has #1, #2, and #3 in the 2022 class, I don't think any program in college basketball history has landed the top 3 guys in the same class.

Weren't RJ, Zion and Cam 1,2,3?

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

UNC commit GG Jackson jumped up to #1 in 247's 2023 class rankings and #2 in composite as a result, passing Mackenzie Mgbako and Kwame Evans Jr (and DJ Wagner in their rankings).

You guys got Jackson and Wilcher, who else are you guys targeting?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You guys got Jackson and Wilcher, who else are you guys targeting?

Not sure other than the offers we have put out that we're likely not going to pull. Only slated to have 2, maybe 3 depending on what class the transfer we get is, scholarships available, so we can't really target any big name guys for sure. Not sure how Leaky's scholarship works right now and whether it counts towards the 13 or not. 

So, we have 2 scholarships that are already accounted for, for sure, with the potential to have 2 more available, if I counted right. Plus, there's always a chance that Love and Davis could both bounce after their junior seasons opening up 2 more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not sure other than the offers we have put out that we're likely not going to pull. Only slated to have 2, maybe 3 depending on what class the transfer we get is, scholarships available, so we can't really target any big name guys for sure. Not sure how Leaky's scholarship works right now and whether it counts towards the 13 or not. 

So, we have 2 scholarships that are already accounted for, for sure, with the potential to have 2 more available, if I counted right. Plus, there's always a chance that Love and Davis could both bounce after their junior seasons opening up 2 more.

I don't really keep up with recruiting like I used too but it has been pretty amazing to see what Scheyer has been able to do. I think that we're already done with our 2023 class. We'll have to see how everything plays out with him as an actual coach though. I'm sure UNC will start to land a lot more guys after that run last season under Davis.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I don't really keep up with recruiting like I used too but it has been pretty amazing to see what Scheyer has been able to do. I think that we're already done with our 2023 class. We'll have to see how everything plays out with him as an actual coach though. I'm sure UNC will start to land a lot more guys after that run last season under Davis.

We're UNC, we'll land guys. Especially considering we're not running Roy's archaic style anymore. Hubert's gonna run a pro style offense and it'll be appealing to players that wanna make that NBA jump.

• Like 1