2018 NFL Combine Thread

flyingmonkey30

34 minutes ago, JWingate said:

Da'Ron Payne is going under the radar in this combine. I don't think anyone expected him to put up Donatri Poe like numbers (outside of bench). I think he can play the 1 and the 3. Look for Dallas to take a hard look at Payne for the 19th overall pick.

Have they even talked to him yet?? 

Josey Jewell's straight line speed isn't great, but isn't horrible either. Everything else...pretty damn good.

In the 3-cone drill, Jewell finished in 6.8 seconds, which was second among all linebackers. In fact, according to nflcombineresults.com, Jewell’s time was the ninth fastest for all linebackers since 1987.

Jewell won the 60-yard shuttle drill in 11.52 seconds, which is tied for the fifth fastest in the last five years. As for the 20-yard shuttle, Jewell was eighth among linebackers in 4.27 seconds. He also placed 13th in the vertical jump.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/iowa-josey-jewell-nfl-combine-workout-numbers-linebacker?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SF_Landof10_Iowa

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

A 2nd or 3rd rder for Thomas is a no-brainer, imo. Still, think it's highly unlikely though. Money will be an issue. Then again, come 2019 I would expect Dallas to free up about $21m with the departures of Witten, Lee, and Crawford. 

1 hour ago, romo2bryant said:

IF sweat medical comes back clean and he's there with our second. Run to the podium.

I refer to this video among others. Again he looks nice on paper but watch his game closer. If he is there at our 3rd then sure, 2nd.....eh, but he does not play with a sense of urgency. That's just something you can't teach a guy, it's a motivation thing. Guys like Chubb or Bosa have it. Lawrence played with it this year and usually does. But honestly the way Sweat plays he seems like if he can't get the first move on the tackle he just gives up. He comes across to me as lazy.

Yeah, you want to see what Josh Sweat film looks like? Pause this video, if you can, at 1 minute 20 seconds.

That frame will tell you what you need to know.

I want him in the 4th, but sadly his time will push him up.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, JWingate said:

Da'Ron Payne is going under the radar in this combine. I don't think anyone expected him to put up Donatri Poe like numbers (outside of bench). I think he can play the 1 and the 3. Look for Dallas to take a hard look at Payne for the 19th overall pick.

to be fair Poe was 40 lbs heavier so not a fair comparison

Payne is really young and I'm still trying to decide if his playoff performance was a young guy coming to age or he is the player we saw earlier in the year

Archived