PFF Top 100

goldfishwars

On 3/1/2018 at 12:25 PM, VanS said:

Is that more or less than usual?

It is off the charts, most draft have between 6 and 12 first rounders, the occasional ones have maybe up to 15, but that is very unusual. The rest of round 1 is made up of 2nd round talent, pushed up to fill the void.

IMO, unless the QB's come through with flying colours, this is a rather mediocre draft with little top 10 talent. I do not care how good Nelson is, but when an OG is getting top 5 billing, you just know the draft is weak.

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It is off the charts, most draft have between 6 and 12 first rounders, the occasional ones have maybe up to 15, but that is very unusual. The rest of round 1 is made up of 2nd round talent, pushed up to fill the void.

IMO, unless the QB's come through with flying colours, this is a rather mediocre draft with little top 10 talent. I do not care how good Nelson is, but when an OG is getting top 5 billing, you just know the draft is weak.

Totally disagree.   This is the strongest draft I've seen in my lifetime.  And I've been following the draft since 2001.  The top-end talent is incredibly elite and there is crazy depth throughout.

I agree with PFF in terms of this being an incredibly talented draft.  I just disagree with their player rankings.

15 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think Ejiofor may be that but I think Key may have the biggest upside. But in terms of tools and moves its Key, Ejiofor is slightly above average athlete but super refined as a pass rusher. 

Bottom line, I love Key's upside.

I can't do Key. I recognize that he could be a consistent double digit sack guy, but I can't deal with the garbage he pulls on the field. 

15 hours ago, brownie man said:

People are really sleeping on key

if he played like 2016 he’s the best pure rusher in the class for me 

People aren't sleeping on Key. Nobody doubts his talent. Like Randy Gregory, people doubt his character.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:10 PM, reamer said:

Better value: Landry in the 2nd, or Haynes in the 4th?

I looked into Haynes because the Rams will need an edge. He didn't do it for me. He's going to be a big problem on running downs, and I wasn't blown away by his pass rushing tape.

38 minutes ago, VanS said:

Totally disagree.   This is the strongest draft I've seen in my lifetime.  And I've been following the draft since 2001.  The top-end talent is incredibly elite and there is crazy depth throughout.

Are we looking at the same class?  Beyond Barkley and Nelson I'm not seeing much in the way of elite talent.  Disappointing year to have a top 3 pick.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:42 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

On josh jackson 

"He allowed an NFL passer rating of just 36.5 when targeted on 91 passes, a lower mark than if the quarterback had just thrown the ball at the dirt every play instead. "

That's a great stat but how exactly does that work? Does a PD count worse against PR than throwing it away?

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Are we looking at the same class?  Beyond Barkley and Nelson I'm not seeing much in the way of elite talent.  Disappointing year to have a top 3 pick.

I think Chubb and Minkah are still great prospects but as far as QB it is lacking imo.

12 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

This.  The top 10-15 picks should be on players that must make plays on an island.  Pass rushers, QBs, WR, CBs, OTs.  Interior lineman should not be picked in that range no matter how good they are.

Now where Nelson goes is different than where he is ranked.  I still think he goes in the 12-18 range.  That is generally where the top OG/OC go.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think Chubb and Minkah are still great prospects but as far as QB it is lacking imo.

No offense but I don't think Chubb is elite, ill ask the same question (not just for you) what individual trait sets Chubb apart from other elite edge players?

Garrett: Uber athletic/unreal bend

Bosa: Elite short area quickness for a guy his size/best technique in years.

Chubb: ?

9 hours ago, jebrick said:

This.  The top 10-15 picks should be on players that must make plays on an island.  Pass rushers, QBs, WR, CBs, OTs.  Interior lineman should not be picked in that range no matter how good they are.

Now where Nelson goes is different than where he is ranked.  I still think he goes in the 12-18 range.  That is generally where the top OG/OC go.

That's horrid logic. That's how you end up reaching for a bust rather than taking an All Pro player.

On 3/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

Their board last year honestly looks superb after year one results and their 2016 board doesn't look half bad either. I'm not a big Hurst fan either and testing is going to be vital for him. Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins both tested as ELITE athletes for the position and Hurst really needs to hit those marks if he wants to be considered with them.

you had me fooled. i looked at ther 2017 board, its awful. 2016 is better though.

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That's a great stat but how exactly does that work? Does a PD count worse against PR than throwing it away?

No pds are incompletions in passer rating but interceptions are a negative.  What it means that qbs were not only unable to complete balls throwing at Jackson they also cost themselves bc he took the ball away.  Basically nobody should have thrown at Jackson...at all.  BC took that to heart in the Bowl game and paid the price when he picked off the only ball thrown his way.

16 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Are you just listening to what others are saying?  Or is that your opinion from watching the players for yourself?  I personally think the following players are all ELITE:

1. RB Saquon Barkley (Penn St.) - NFL comp: Fred Taylor
  2. WR Antonio Callaway (Florida) - NFL comp: Sterling Sharpe
  3. LB Leighton Vander Esch (Boise St.) - NFL comp: Jack Lambert
  4. S Derwin James (Florida St.) - NFL comp: Steve Atwater
  5. CB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama) - NFL comp: Rod Woodson
  6. QB Josh Allen (Wyoming)
  7. QB Sam Darnold (USC)
  8. G Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame)
  9. DE Marcus Davenport (UTSA) - NFL comp: Jason Taylor
  10. DE Arden Key (LSU) - NFL comp: Simeon Rice
  11. DE Bradley Chubb (NC State) - NFL comp: Peter Boulware
  12. RB Rashaad Penny (San Diego St.) - NFL comp: Curtis Martin
  13. DT Vita Vea (Washington) - NFL comp: Haloti Ngata

For the record, my definition of ELITE is a player who makes 4+ pro-bowls and/or 2+ All-Pro teams in their career.  And is generally considered one of the top 5 players at his position for at least 4-5 years.

This draft more of that caliber player than I can ever remember.  Typically there are between 4-5 players I see as ELITE prospects in a class.  I thought last year's class was the best I had seen in a long time as well since I had roughly 10-11  prospects rated as ELITE.  This year takes it to another level.   I'm at 13 ELITE prospects and trying my best not to add others on  like Tim Settle, Ronald Jones II, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Rosen, who I really like as well.

And I'm typically the guy who tries to poke holes in top prospects and argue the talent coming in isn't as good as its being hyped.  This year the talent level is just a lot better than usual.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No pds are incompletions in passer rating but interceptions are a negative.  What it means that qbs were not only unable to complete balls throwing at Jackson they also cost themselves bc he took the ball away.  Basically nobody should have thrown at Jackson...at all.  BC took that to heart in the Bowl game and paid the price when he picked off the only ball thrown his way.

Oh okay cool. Thanks for that. Didnt know about that

Archived