The Coaches Want Rosen at 1?, & Other Serious Browns Draft Rumblings

Mind Character

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

If Dorsey doesn’t have the ability to look past a stat line and really see why those numbers aren’t all apples to apples comparisons, I’d be very worried about us getting it right.

He’s surely not that simple. I understand it somewhat with Taylor, because he built his conservative stat line in NFL games. But with draft prospects, the reasons are far more varied. That’s why you get guys every year in the draft that suck but have a 50/5 TD/INT. 

Not specifically referring to Mayfield by the way, just making a larger point about college stats being fairly meaningless beyond a certain point.

Most definitely - like I said, I think Darnold is the best overall pick and his turnovers in 2017 (at least some) are the product of several changes from the year before.  But there's no denying that Mayfield and Rosen are accurate throwers, and he clearly values that - as he should.  The question is, does he think Darnold will evolve and protect the ball better than his stat line showed ... guess we'll find out on draft day

Great news to me on the choice of QB. Not because of a rift in the FO and coaching staff. I think Rosen is the best pure passer in years. Mobility concerns are better then mechanical and footwork concerns imo. Injuries are the biggest knock on him but the talent is real.

1 minute ago, philly3k said:

Great news to me on the choice of QB. Not because of a rift in the FO and coaching staff. I think Rosen is the best pure passer in years. Mobility concerns are better then mechanical and footwork concerns imo. Injuries are the biggest knock on him but the talent is real.

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if he were tabbed.  But to me, its gotta be our 1st best choice at QB.  We've missed HUGE the last two years, we can't whiff on it again.  

Just now, StewieRules said:

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if he were tabbed.  But to me, its gotta be our 1st best choice at QB.  We've missed HUGE the last two years, we can't whiff on it again.  

I agree they have to be sold 100% on him, both the FO and coaches I hope come to a unanimous decision.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve felt this for awhile. We will probably trade with Buffalo from 4 for both of their 1sts + whatever. I feel that we want a guy like Davenport.

Thats exactly who came to mind for me as well 

Darnold

12. Davenport

22. DJ Moore 

33. Isaiah Oliver

35. Derrius Guice 

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Buffalo trades with Indy, then we get Chubb. It will work itself out to our benefit. I can’t see any scenario in which the Giants don’t take a QB or Barkley.

I still don’t see anyone but Rosen at 2 to the Giants.

They’d have to be complete idiots to pass on a QB considering their circumstances.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’d have to be complete idiots to pass on a QB considering their circumstances.

thats what I keep saying 

they'd be Idiots to pass on Rosen 

hell even Allen wouldn't be too bad of an idea since he can sit for at least a year

but I just dont understand how they can suck so bad which wasnt expected and not go QB

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems pretty obvious.

I think IND is the wild card in this since they need so much and could go so many different ways.

Archived