Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Where are you? Up to date on the Dub?

I am actually done lol. I watched the Subbed ones....hopefully I didn't ruin it for anyone. I totally forgot.

Honestly I didn't think much of it till my cousin mentioned to me about a certain character that appeared in the boruto anime.

Evangelion (TV series, D&R, EoE)

I give it an A+ for premise and plot. B for execution. I don't need everything spelled out for me, but would've liked a little more than what they offered. And apparently, we're better off skipping the last 2 episodes in the TV series and go straight to the D&R and EoE. Plot aside, I don't like how these "movies"(?) were kinda slapped together. Did they have some budget issues? At times, it looked like a rough cut of what the last 2 episodes were supposed to be replaced with.  "Komm, susser Tod" ("Come, Sweet Death") is a catchy song, esp. after the first 2 minutes.

I'll give the whole thing an A-. It was a tad too vague and convoluted for me to thoroughly enjoy and the recaps in the 2 movies felt like a chore. Does 1.11-3.33 lay out the plot a little easier?

Below is a dude's summary of the whole series.

https://medium.com/@scottgladstein/evangelion-explained-e9d1c2c3e04

Edited by freak_of_nature

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I watched Gamers! recently. It's a short little slice of life anime. Definitely a fun anime, not for everyone, doesn't lean as much into video games as you might think. It has some really good moments with the characters believing that there is a love triangle, up to a love pentagon going on.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Anyone watch A Certain Magical Index? I am two episodes in and I'm bored. Should I shelve it or push through?

I did for a long time. There are points of solid payout, but I wouldn't call it amazing. Definitely had some interesting parts, but is pretty standard.

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am trying Naruto, but I am just not caring. Does it get better? What was so appealing about it? Am I supposed to like him?

(fwiw I watched the first 4 episodes)

Yes, it gets better. It's a long commitment but well worth it. Skip the filler though. The characters are all extremely fleshed out and it has incredible villains throughout the series. My favorite anime villain is in that show, albeit extremely late.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am trying Naruto, but I am just not caring. Does it get better? What was so appealing about it? Am I supposed to like him?

(fwiw I watched the first 4 episodes)

The appeal about Naruto is definitely the character progression. It gets real interesting around episode 10 or so

• Like 1

I think you all should check out The Promised Neverland. About 5 episodes in with potential be an all time great imo. Trust me just make it past the first 10 minutes of episode 1

Also the Rising of the Shield Hero. Also 5 episodes in. Its based in a MMORPG world similar to Sword Art Online but actually good imo (didnt get past 10 episodes in SAO)

• Like 1