Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

Cannot recommend Black Clover enough. It's been consistently delivering the last few months and the ratings of each episode seem to confirm that. Unfortunately only one episode left in season 2. Definitely worth a watch for any who haven't seen it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Cannot recommend Black Clover enough. It's been consistently delivering the last few months and the ratings of each episode seem to confirm that. Unfortunately only one episode left in season 2. Definitely worth a watch for any who haven't seen it.

One of my favorite Anime moments this year is the end of the hot springs episode. "And thus ends the obligatory hot spring episode"

On 10/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, Deadpulse said:

Just finished it. I liked it, it made me really sad and somewhat angry but I liked it lol

Are the making another season? Not sure I want to go through all that again

No Fate is a multi-media brand now. Stay/Night was it's own thing based off an at the time one off story with three branching paths which have now all been adapted.

Fireforce is good but it's the Soul Eater creator and team so that's not surprising.

Re-watching Steins;Gate in preparation for Steins;Gate 0. I'll be out of work a lot for the next couple of weeks due to an injury. Luckily, work is a bit slow right now.

Recommended viewing order.

• Steins;Gate: 1–22
  • Steins;Gate: 23β
  • Steins;Gate 0: 1–23
  • Steins;Gate: 23–24, 25(OVA)
  • Movie

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Clone Wars) is one of the greatest animation directors to ever live.  I hadn’t heard about his new show but I’m definitely checking it out.  

I am one of the few people who didn't like Samurai Jack but his Clone Wars and primal have been excellent. 

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Re-watching Steins;Gate in preparation for Steins;Gate 0. I'll be out of work a lot for the next couple of weeks due to an injury. Luckily, work is a bit slow right now.

Recommended viewing order.

• Steins;Gate: 1–22
  • Steins;Gate: 23β
  • Steins;Gate 0: 1–23
  • Steins;Gate: 23–24, 25(OVA)
  • Movie

The Manga is better joke goes here. i know it's a visual novel. 

11 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I am one of the few people who didn't like Samurai Jack but his Clone Wars and primal have been excellent. 

While the series had some silly elements and tangents, the final season of Samurai Jack had a much darker tone with the stakes legitimately being life or death.  Whereas Jack was killing robots, etc throughout the show, in this season he has to come to terms with taking actual human life.   Watching him deal with all the psychological ramifications of being stuck in the future so long that he started going crazy was so well done.   It was an outstanding way to wrap up everything.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Anyone watching the new Sherlock Holmes anime Case Files n°221b: Kabukicho? Very odd take on the whole Sherlock thing.

Dropped it after 7 episodes, it's weird and it's production I.G so it's quality but mystery shows need a 44 minute format or else it feels rushed. Granted this one is more about the characters  than the mystery but when they do a mystery it's over in like 10 minutes because they need 5 minutes to wrap up the episode. 

42 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Dropped it after 7 episodes, it's weird and it's production I.G so it's quality but mystery shows need a 44 minute format or else it feels rushed. Granted this one is more about the characters  than the mystery but when they do a mystery it's over in like 10 minutes because they need 5 minutes to wrap up the episode. 

I agree