Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

7 minutes ago, Geek said:

Vinland Saga is GOAT tier.I've only read the manga but it belongs up there with the greats like Berserk, Goodnight PunPun, Eden, Monster, etc.

Preface this by saying I haven't seen it yet, only clips here and there. However, without sounding ignorant, but of ALL animes - doesn't it make sense for Vinland Saga to get an english dub given the demographic of it's characters?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Preface this by saying I haven't seen it yet, only clips here and there. However, without sounding ignorant, but of ALL animes - doesn't it make sense for Vinland Saga to get an english dub given the demographic of it's characters?

**** it. We should crowdfund a bunch of voice actors to speak old Norse for a truely authentic experience. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I hate subs but Vinland Saga may never get a dub and I've heard great things. Hasn't disappointed.

It's amazon exclusive, can't think of a single thing they dubbed so rip.

It's great like top 3 show of last year. 

9 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

......they would be speaking swedish and all manner of languages not english. I get it man but no.

Ironically they're speaking like 4 different languages in the show in japanese but english would make sense for maybe 1% of the total runtime. 

8 hours ago, Geek said:

**** it. We should crowdfund a bunch of voice actors to speak old Norse for a truely authentic experience. 

Aye. 

• Like 1

On October 18, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Geek said:

LMAO^^

all this love for Ninja Scrolls. I've never heard of it but I'll watch it this weekend because of all the high praise. |

But before that, I'm starting to watch Elfen Lied tonight. No idea what it's about except it's gory and edgy.

Did you ever end up watching Ninja Scroll?

Just now, The Gnat said:

Thoughts on Rise of the Shield Hero? I just started it, I've heard decent things about it, but not sure if it's from people who I 100% trust their opinion on anime of, what's good/bad?

It has a bit of fan service but not too much. The character development is solid. The story is very subverting the whole SAO genre of adapting MMO mechanics into an anime. If you arent a gamer some of this is going to go over like a brick. 

15 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It has a bit of fan service but not too much. The character development is solid. The story is very subverting the whole SAO genre of adapting MMO mechanics into an anime. If you arent a gamer some of this is going to go over like a brick. 

I'm familiar with MMO, and I do enjoy isekai. I feel like with the fan service I've seen thus far isn't that high. Good to know that it's got good character development.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'm familiar with MMO, and I do enjoy isekai. I feel like with the fan service I've seen thus far isn't that high. Good to know that it's got good character development.

If you like SAO you'd probably dig RotSH. The fan service isnt consistent, but it comes and goes. 

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Thoughts on Rise of the Shield Hero? I just started it, I've heard decent things about it, but not sure if it's from people who I 100% trust their opinion on anime of, what's good/bad?

I love it. One of my favorite anime. Some of the best protagonists out there.

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

It's a solid anime, would recommend the dub as well. 

No spoilers but I hated one of the MC's sidechicks for one big reason. 

The plot is pretty samey throughout the entire thing, the other heroes are solid but end up being kinda useless. 

Naofumi though is a very solid lead man considering the genre this show is in.