Eagles trade a 5th and Marcus Johnson for Seahawks Michael Bennett and a 7th Round Pick [UPDATE: Bennett Indicted?]

Blahstoise

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Curry > Bennett 

Bennett has a slight edge on pure pass rushing, but Curry is a better all around defender.

would make a little sense then since we need more DEs on 3rd downs when we rotate Timmy out

On 3/8/2018 at 11:07 PM, ninjapirate said:

this trade pretty much means we are going to take a player that will contribute next year in the first and not someone to be the second back up OL because Peters might be gone in 2019. 

not sure I understand this. I think either Curry or Bennett wouldn't be here in '19. We just hot the one who is cheaper (and may fit a little better as a 3rd down interior rusher) for 2018. 

1 minute ago, mm6492 said:

not sure I understand this. I think either Curry or Bennett wouldn't be here in '19. We just hot the one who is cheaper (and may fit a little better as a 3rd down interior rusher) for 2018. 

eagles trying to win it all man future doesnt matter 

8 hours ago, mm6492 said:

It seems like you understand it pretty well.....

So....I'm really kind of cunfused by this move.

Yes, Curry is set to make 11 mil this year and carrys 6 mil in dead money (aka we save 5 mil by cutting him)

Bennett is not making only 1.65 mil, He's going to make 5.65 mil when that 4 mil roster bonus kicks in.

At the end of the day trading for Bennett and cutting Curry would actually COST the Eagles 650k in cap space.

Now I get that Bennett is the better player but he's also 3 years older with a slightly more managable cap number going forward. I think i'm going to wait for the other official shoe to drop with our D line before juding this move fully.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

So....I'm really kind of cunfused by this move.

Yes, Curry is set to make 11 mil this year and carrys 6 mil in dead money (aka we save 5 mil by cutting him)

Bennett is not making only 1.65 mil, He's going to make 5.65 mil when that 4 mil roster bonus kicks in.

At the end of the day trading for Bennett and cutting Curry would actually COST the Eagles 650k in cap space.

Now I get that Bennett is the better player but he's also 3 years older with a slightly more managable cap number going forward. I think i'm going to wait for the other official shoe to drop with our D line before juding this move fully.

Maybe BG is getting traded 

Really guys, has Howie not earned the benefit of the doubt? He just constructed a roster that won SB LII. 

We might be in the process of contruscting another championship roster. Judge this move after all the others moves are made this offseason. 

Archived